1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Targetting Premium and Guards

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mellian-Quar-Xililix, Feb 14, 2012.

1. Mellian-Quar-Xililix

Mellian-Quar-Xililix Haxor

Have you found that when your playing you always find more satisfaction in killing players with gold names, and even more satisfaction with green names? To me, when I didn't have premium, I was naturally inclined to attack enemies with green names because, one, they naturally seemed better at the game than other players, and two, their green names made them stand out from the rest. It made me feel like I was killing a "boss". Infuriating them by killing them gave me more satisfaction.:)

Usually I subconsciously class everyone as: white = noob, gold = elite, green = Evil Overlords. Of course, I've seen really good non-premium players, and some pretty sucky premium players. However, my question to you is this how you are inclined to see it? or do you have a different way of picking out who is good at first glance?

2. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

If you'd ever see me playing then you'd have to re-evaluate your list. I play like complete newbie and my nick is green. :p

3. Agent_008

Agent_008 Bison Rider

Lol, I don't care.
    My tatics:

Slash that guy, grab that outpost, dance over them so I can hit them on their back, superslash and have a 40% chance of surviving the slash without being killed by OP stun.

4. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

I tend to know who's good so I just go after those people. I get a ton of satisfaction messing up Arcrave's bomb jump as archer and cause him to blow up and then rage quit (actually I did quite a lot of that last night). I don't really care whether someone is gold or non-premium because I know skill isn't dependent on whether you bought the game or not. I do tend to try to go after people with admin/guard powers as those people are usual good and they are more fun to attack (I'll just leave other people to deal with the others).

5. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Never mistake maverick for a newb when he has white name, I did it once and im still hurtin :(

6. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Terraria_Clone is a whitey, and he's pretty damned good. There's a ton of awesome non-premiums out there. Just an overabundance of stupid ones, that's all.

Jermex and Neat like this.
  7. Agent_008

Agent_008 Bison Rider

I'm friends with maverick, no matter how bad I am at knight class.

I think. He acts like we are friends.

8. FlameHaze3

FlameHaze3 Shark Slayer

I target who is good at a glance, just by how they move through Terrain, or come out of a building.
    There are many jumps that take somone who knows how notch jumping and vaulting works very well to get around.
    If you know what im talking about, your good, and ill notice you at a glance.
    Anyways, yeah, i do target Admins/KAG Gaurds, as they are often very good, and i enjoy killing those who stand out.(<--dont make a joke on this -_-)
    When in mass pvp 1v? where ? is the number of enemies, i back pedal till i see the good players swing, as im noticing who they are as i back up. Then when they don't have a swing charged i kill all the noobies. It really makes a difference when your score goes up 10 kills because you pay attention.

FuzzyBlueBaron and BlueLuigi like this.
  9. Chinizz

Chinizz Arsonist

Now you tell me... I've noticed, that I've never nocticed gold and green name... too much concentrate in the game, maybe... but I've observed some pretty good player. Can't remember their name, except <3 Strathos <3.

10. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

Nice to know everyone wants to murder us -_-

Miggles, Wixmef, Chinizz and 2 others like this.
  11. BoiiW

BoiiW Shark Slayer

Lol what's with all this? I just attack who ever I think I should attack. I never even look at names o.o

but hearing this, maybe I shouldn't have gone premium lol

(jking)

12. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

Fighting people who are obviously skilled is quite fun and challenging - and yes, the Gold/Green names tend to be better players. But there are always exceptions.
    I like pitting myself as a Knight in KAG... when there's a nice open area. I'm best in open areas. I dance around my opponents, slashing when they aim to stab, leaping over them and quickly jabbing before they know what hit them... and knocking them away with a shield bash when they begin charging for a powerful attack.

One on one Knight combat in an open area is quite exciting.

Rayne and BlueLuigi like this.
  13. cykalu

cykalu Shopkeep Stealer

I have enough enemies as it is ;<

Wonkyth, Ruleral, Rayne and 1 other person like this.
  14. Overlord

Overlord KAG Guard Tester

It doesnt matter how good you are when you have rocks and 30 arrows flying at you in those large scale battles.

15. FlameHaze3

FlameHaze3 Shark Slayer

So true, i think they need to nerf Archers by getting rid of the minimal charge shot, makes defending to easy when people get close, OP firing speed.
    If a defense was built right they will have a team bridge above their main door, which will let archers fire around 2-3 arrows a second straight down, it's messed up.
    Removing the minimal charge shot also makes archers not be able to kite kill knights in melee range, which gives them a reason to be, you know...ARCHERS.
    Sry if off topic, but yeah, no matter how good you are, attacking even in a group, you can't stop all the arrows and catapult fire, which just leads to tunneling.

16. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

I always aim for the admins on Beo's CTF. It's why I suicide so much. :huh?:

Wixmef likes this.
  17. Adinxs

Adinxs Bison Rider

Going after a guard- 1 life
    Killing one- Priceless

18. cykalu

cykalu Shopkeep Stealer

Make 'em ragequit: Priceless.

SARGRA13 likes this.
  19. Jamburglar

Jamburglar Horde Gibber

I usually find myself slicing through non-premium players pretty easily though. And then when I come face to face with another premium player, it's like a Hector vs. Achilles showdown.

20. FlameHaze3

FlameHaze3 Shark Slayer

Only the really high skilled players actually kill me, unless the enemy lags, cuz then i can't see them moving properly, which is upsetting.
    Well that and archer fire can kill me, stray bombs somtimes get me too, but i guard most.