1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[TDM?][1vs1] The Final Countdown

Discussion in 'Maps' started by Thiel, Nov 12, 2011.

1. Thiel

Thiel KAG Guard Tester

A simple map strongly inspired by Super Smash Brother's map called Final Destination.

I made this map with the intention of making a simple no-bullshit map where you can't just hide or camp in better positioned places. (Like above a ladder, or whatever).
    Feedback and ideas are, as always, welcome! :D

The TDM version is 50% wider than the 1v1 version. TDM version also doesn't break down completely when a bomb is thrown on it -anymore.

PS: The flying buncha leaves in the top is meant for special effect, they drop leaves, but appareantly they only do that in editor mode right now.
    For [TDM]
    EDIT: This screenshot is kinda outdated, the .png isn't. I changed the platform so that it would not break down entirely after just one bomb.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    For [1v1]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BlueLuigi likes this.
  2. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

I like the graphical style with the trees, and it'll be fun to see how it plays out :)

Timing will be everything in this map.

3. maltchi

maltchi Shopkeep Stealer

Love this new style you have with this map Thiel. The grassy look. Up on my servers!

4. Thiel

Thiel KAG Guard Tester

The TDM version is now uploaded!
    Also: I found out you can't see the leaves in any server, but you can in the editor mode, can anyone tell me why? (the leaves drop down from the tree forks).

5. Eggnogg

Eggnogg Ye Olde Wench Donator Tester

Might have something to do with rendering? from what I recall the effects for leaves don't last long in single player because too many effects could cause slowdowns. The map editor shows hidden blocks and whatnot, so perhaps it renders all effects anyway?

Psshh, just a guess :S

6. Pizza

Pizza Ballista Bolt Thrower

Looks nice! Good work man.