1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[TDM] Calm Fields

Discussion in 'Maps' started by Ej, Jun 1, 2013.

1. calmfields.png
    Played on Downburst's server yesterday, turned out it still has the map pool I recommended to the owner looong time ago. It includes this map of mine which remained unpublished up to today.
    calmfieldscren.PNG

Obviously not competitive (since not mirrored) but I think it's actually quite fun to play. I tried to get the balance somewhere inbetween old RTDM maps where players could move easily both horizontally and vertically to make the games quickly escalate and newer meta which favorites more of positional play and bigger maps.

Also played a little bit with rubble, it won't affect 99% of players but that 1% should appreciate the thing.

I still think it's slightly too big, probably should make a new version or sth.

WarrFork, Agnar, Contrary and 2 others like this.
  2. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

This is a good map and I've already given you some feedback but in addition with what I said before a thing you should consider is the contrast between opened and constrained space. I feel like there is a little too much uniformity in this map. Most of the map is comprised of 3-4 tile thick tunnels or shafts with a dotting of roughly 5x5 spaces. The essence of RDM is to negotiate combat over varying dimensions of terrain and with more of a mix of carefully controlled spaces and open expanses I feel this map could be much more dynamic.

VanHuek likes this.
  3. VanHuek

VanHuek KAG Guard Tester

Completely agree with Contrary and that if you made it wider it would be a lot more fun.