1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[TDM] IT'S GOING DOWN

Discussion in 'Maps' started by Thiel, Nov 12, 2011.

1. Thiel

Thiel KAG Guard Tester

Both teams start on either side, as you can see, all they can do is hit the ladder that holds everything up, to get anything started. When this happends the whole thing collapses, and its a matter of staying alive!

I've tested this map for about 3 hours now, The thing always fully collapses, it just differs in what pattern it does. I've tried making the optimal build where things fall down in a balanced pattern for both sides. It's still random, sometimes parts of the structure break down immideatly, sometimes they break down last. It's very survive-able, but not very easily.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Noburu likes this.
  2. dwatring

dwatring KAG Guard Tester

Looks like a lot of fun. Only suggestion is to add structures on the ground, which is already being created.

Can't wait to see it done.

3. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

I am waiting, I am waiting.. ;)

4. Thiel

Thiel KAG Guard Tester

EDIT/bump: Added the latest working version. This map will soon be uploaded to Shadlington's Rapid TDM server and Maltchi's 1v1 servers. Anyone else can upload this map to his or her server as well, I don't mind.

5. Foxodi

Foxodi KAG Guard Tester

Does this map play differently now with the new collapse physics?

6. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Shark Slayer

Yeah, from what I've seen it's not always guaranteed to fully collapse.

7. Thiel

Thiel KAG Guard Tester

I have never seen this map being used on any server, so I had kinda forsaken this map.

Pre-build 288 it used to collapse always up to 99% (maybe 1 to 10 blocks hovering in the sky on random places), I made sure of that. I'd have to test again now though.
    This map is more a engine-tester than a map people would want to play though, I have no idea if it's any fun to anyone other than myself. ;)

ps: when the rubble system will be implented, this map will most likely be impossible, or near impossible to survive.

8. This is still used on Action RCTF.

IloveElectro likes this.
  9. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Oh man, I always intended to use this map.
    Dangit, I completely forgot about it.

10. IloveElectro

IloveElectro Base Burner

I played it on the build 228 good map but with my wooden computer the collapse make me lagging =/ but nice map !

11. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I took it out of rotation earlier. It was perma banning players for collapsing.