1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Team challenges

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by mcrifel, Nov 26, 2017.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. mcrifel

mcrifel Haxor Staff Alumni Tester
    1. MIST

Challenges is a boring gamemode, however this idea I have might spice things up.

Add the option to have multiple teams in a challenge map. This could create a lot more possibilites for challenge maps and might make the gamemode actually enjoyable to play.

Some possible end goals for teams are:

- First team to reach a point
    - First team to reach a point with their entire team
    - First team to gather __ gold
    - First team to get a combined killcount of __

I'd like to hear everyones thoughts on this.

Osmal, Biurza, Concave and 7 others like this.
  2. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

Relying on your teammates can be problematic. Some might go AFK or may mess around as a joke. This would be most annoying when the whole team must do something to win.

Biurza and Pineapple like this.
  3. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

that was actually the first gamemode of KAG, Gold Rush. ::):
    +1 for the idea

bru-jaz likes this.
  4. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

Yea this game mode would be unplayable, just like CTF with all those griefers which we have no way to deal with!

bunnie and epsilon like this.
  5. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

I think it's worth a try. This would help to build that sense of new features old players who got bored and left kag want. And also potentially convince new players to stay in the game.
    No one plays the current challenges servers anyways.

bunnie likes this.
  6. Pineapple

Pineapple Arsonist Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin
    1. KAG Competitive League
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

Hmm, could work well but as @epsilon said, you have to rely on other players for it to work, causing a few flaws. Honestly I would like to see how this would turn out.

7. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

holy shit you need to rely on other players in a multiplayer team game!

won't pass

8. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

I would say this is a fine, exquisite and subtle sarcasm mocking of epsilon's argument, but you also liked his post. So, in which side are you?

bunnie likes this.
  9. Biurza

Biurza E X T R A T H I C C Staff Alumni Donator
    1. MIST
    2. Active Forum Users

Even tho i like the idea Very Much, i also agree with what eps said.
    Then I think different rules should be implemented, like:
    - Not having whole team reach certain point, but N%.
    - Having 0 Gold gathered in Gold rush to result in being moved to specs/kicked.
    And such...
    I also wouldn't like to see this in challenges, it would make it so much like TDM for me.

EhRa, epsilon and Pineapple like this.
  10. Ni

Ni Battle Angel Global Moderator Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Donator Tester Official Server Admin
    1. Active Forum Users

Already working on some "team" challenges.
    Gotta keep your ideas in mind :yes:

bru-jaz and Biurza like this.
  11. Pineapple

2. KAG World Cup 2018

I quite like what @Biurza said, because it would be good to only have a certain amount of the team needed to do the task, as there is always going to be that one person that doesn't do something etc etc

12. mcrifel

mcrifel Haxor Staff Alumni Tester
    1. MIST

you guys really have little faith in kag players eh? If someone is afk he can just be votekicked, kicked by an admin or put to spectator by the afk system. Challenges are short rounds, not long rounds like ctf so the impact one afk person has is little. If there is a wayto implement a % of a team has to do this and it is not too much of a hassle to make then sure implement it.

bru-jaz and bunnie like this.
  13. Pineapple

2. KAG World Cup 2018

Yeah. (It's not that I don't have faith in kag players, it's just wanting to help your idea grow and finding all the possible flaws we could work on etc) ::):

14. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

I actually like this idea. It may not particularly become immensely popular but would be fun, similar to the archer assault course servers. Would add something else to do in KAG other than CTF and TDM. Could be more beginner friendly for the newer players to be able to get into a game without others flaming them for their building skills etc.
    As eps said, there may be problems with AFK players etc, but I'm sure there would be some kind of work around. At least the gamemode would be fairly easy to implement (challenges already exists and would tlc).

mcrifel likes this.
  15. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

I'm pretty sure AUS is behind since I think there are challenge servers in other regions. mcrifel is just suggesting to add teams instead of free-for-all challenges.

mcrifel likes this.
  16. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

oh dayium. sorry. I meant Blue Tiger's comment. who essentially made the same point as eps.

(also, me saying yours was a "subtle, fine" sarcasm was also a "subtle, fine" sarcasm of mine)

bunnie likes this.
Mods: Rainbows