1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Team Strategies

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SlyStalker, Dec 12, 2012.

1. SlyStalker

SlyStalker Shopkeep Stealer

what are some strategies that would be good to do as a team? for me, i think that too many knights keep rushing on ahead by themselves... then they get killed and then they do it again, and again, and again... when they do this they are wasting my team's tickets!!! i think they should wait behind the tower/wall they are going to attack from for the archers to lay down some suppressive fire (so that the enemy keeps his head down) THEN attack, with builders to build ladders and fortifications, of course. next the archers would move up the battlefield, and then repeat. also, people should really take advantage of the catapult. people who have seen me playing know that i LOVE catapult. having a rain of boulders coming down on their heads makes some people really nervous, and in some cases, really dead too. other than kills, people should probably use it to destroy workshops too, to prevent the enemy team from healing and buying bombs. also, carrying the catapult onto the battlefield helps your team advance too, because it gives the team fire support and keeps the enemy knights shielding, which would make them slower and also vulnerable to slashes and the like. so, what are your strategies?

Red_Raptor likes this.
  2. Beelzebub

Beelzebub Ballista Bolt Thrower

Try adjusting your brightness.

Wait, no, that's what I do when my screen is too dark. When I want to win, I just kill everyone.

3. SlyStalker

yes, but you see, thats the problem! too many people think that they can take on the entire red/blue team!!! other than people like exid, for example, they're wrong, and thats why i created this thread

4. Beelzebub

But...I can take on the entire opposing team.

5. SlyStalker

sure... :D but anyway, please read the title of the thread: Team Strategies. that actually means that we should be discussing strategies that should be carried out as a team. and i specifically said that the 'go out and kill as many people as you can' strategy is bad when you're doing that alone.

6. Beelzebub

If I kill everyone, that leaves my team free to do whatever they want, which is usually cap the flag and seal the other team into their spawn point, while teabagging the roof.

Perhaps you should join me on the Action Unlimited server some time.

7. SlyStalker

maybe... sounds interesting, but still, i like working as a team better than going solo, unlike other things

funnymonkey likes this.
  8. funnymonkey

funnymonkey Builder Stabber

Best Strategy, Everyone go solo and own.
    :bird:

9. GreenRock

GreenRock Base Burner

"Offensive builders create team work by their very presence. The moment a group of knights, after dying over and over and over in front of the same tower/defensive structure, see an offensive builder, they realize they can actually have a chance of getting over what's been blocking them. So they huddle around the builder with their shields, ready to die for this builder, while the builder bypasses the enemy's defense."

This is what I would say if this actually happened in-game ;-; Unless you're in a clan match, don't be so reliant on your teammates. Public servers are usually filled with guys rambo-ing it up, like beelzebub :p

EDIT: Probably the closest to teamwork you'll get is when a whole lot of knights and builders get lucky and their respawns sync up, creating an effective charge.

10. zollie20

zollie20 Haxor

Now, i'm guilty of overpowering entire teams by myself and not giving two hoots about teamwork, but I see where you're coming from. Often, I end up being an offensive builder JUST so the dumb knights can actually achieve something; otherwise they just charge, jabspam, die and repeat.
    A good team strategy is to actually create a good team- 9.9/10 your team will be a flock of mindless zombies intent on doing whatever they're doing. If you can get trustworthy people onto one team, you'd be surprised how effective you all are when synced.
    I've done this before and it was ridiculous: keep in mind the opposing team will most likely be thrown off guard when a surprise charge comes at them.

Remember this: Humans rely on patterns. Disrupt the pattern, take the opportunity.

11. Dark_Centurion

Dark_Centurion Builder Stabber

I would like to see emoticons as a use for commands when you're with a group of knights, like :castle:(fortify emote) would be a signal to make a shield square, or :ladder: for a shield ladder, something like that.

12. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Have 1 builder, 1-2 archers, and the rest knights, assault as a team, in a fucking wave.

You will usually dominate if your knights are good especially with the archer backup, protect your fucking builders, if you have more than 3-4 knights in that wave do not be afraid as a knight to grab that fucking bomb so your builder lives.

13. SlyStalker

Luigi, you have a good idea there. However, how the hell do you create an epic assault team like what you described with a bunch of chumps who don't know a thing about getting archers to lay down some cover fire or getting a builder to build a ladder instead of just trying to jump over a 5 block high wall even if they KNOW that they can't do it? Even then, nobody would listen to each other because they all want to get the flag. Also, Centurion, I hardly see groups of knights hanging out in shield squares. That's kinda weird. Lets just say that if everyone on my team knew about the roman tortoise formation and was willing to work with each other, we'd be kicking ass.

14. BlueLuigi

Be the builder.

Beelzebub and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  15. SlyStalker

Touché... However, what if the idiot knights don't follow you and you just get pincushion end by enemy archers or jabbed to death by enemy knights? What then? I don't consider raging an option.

16. arcanecat

arcanecat Shark Slayer

Strategy is limited to the Three classes :/. Not alot of startegy involved, more skill/timing, if you want to have Strategy go play some Starcraft 2.

17. BlueLuigi

Strategy involves more people than one, sadly you can't make them do anything, but that's how it works.

18. Pick a player on your team and stick with them. Your odds of survival are vastly better if you're with someone else. Even if they don't know you're with em, just shadow them and you can intercept the opponents together.

Builders and Archers cannot shield. Therefore, if you pair yourself with a builder or an archer, your job is to shield them as much as you can. You shield can completely protect a builder from one axis of attack.

An Archer can provide long range support. The best thing is having a knight to protect an Archer; unless two other archers fire at full strength in synchronicity, or catch you unaware with an arched shot, your archer is all but invincible. Additionally, if you have an archer travelling a coupla tiles behind you, they can help turn the flow of a fight.

An enemy knight charging up to slash? Hit by an arrow, lose charge, knocked back. Then you're free to slash in the half second of the dropped shield. Easy kill. It works the opposite way too, double slash a closing knight, and while they're staggered the arrow should be able to hit them.

KD is not the be all and end all; a lot of players play to get kills, rather than in teams. If you work as a team, while you are less likely to get soaring kills a la Exid, you will have a lower death rate too.

Find mature players, chat to them, suggest that you pair up for protection. A knight and a builder is a potent attacking force. A knight and an archer is very powerful indeed. Two knights can quickly mince another knight in the time it takes for you to blink.

Lastly, you can order certain players to do certain things using the V menu. A mature player will often obey as it is for the good of their team. Stuff like you press V, highlight BUILD, select 'Build Quarters!'

If your cursor was over a player as you did this, it will say something like LordReudh: Build Quarters! / Build a Bomb Workshop! etc. LIke I said, a mature player will often gladly do this. You will get some players who complain if they are targeted; don't worry, generally another player will leap to it.

19. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

One of the best strategies I find is just to have a few servers you regularly attend and get to know people who are on them too.

Why? Because people are 100% more likely to help/work with you if they know you. I generally experience some measure of teamwork in most (~70%) of the games I play because people I know are playing their strengths and I play mine and (because there's some kind of connection/friendship between us) generally we communicate/plan attacks/back each other up. Also, if you take this approach you'll find that many times because you're with a crowd of regulars there's actually teamwork happening on both sides which makes for extremely exciting and intense games.

Plus, having people you know on the both sides means you can have the pleasure of having a special 'ally' or a particular 'nemesis' for a given match; which is really fun. :)

BlueLuigi and zollie20 like this.
  20. Shadowofgold

Shadowofgold Haxor

Who needs teammates when you can piss off all the red knights by jumping from a tree and stomping them into the ground while shooting the builders and other archers? The only use teammates have for me is taking shots for me and placing ladders over massive walls. :D