1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Templates for KAG clan emblem

Discussion in 'Community Dev Corner' started by Vaine, Mar 27, 2013.

Mods: Downburst, Mazey
  1. Vaine

Vaine Horde Gibber

I've not been able to find any templates for KAG shield emblems, so I made some for the public

Emblem template Mid Cross.png Emblem template Upper Left Cross.png Emblem template.png

Have fun

2. Bint

Bint Haxor

If anyone wants a different shield feel free to use these.
    They're pretty simple but thought i'd post them for convenience.
    2.png 3.png Kite Shield 3d.png

Digger101, SlyStalker, blukey and 2 others like this.
  3. Conquerer

Conquerer Shark Slayer

here is my 1 :)
    1.png

Piano, Cirom, miniu and 5 others like this.
  4. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

AWESOME GOOD JOB!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

5. Infiniterising

Infiniterising Amorous Duelist Donator

the last template :0

6. SMASH1413

SMASH1413 Bison Rider

Thanks for posting them I am sure that many people will founded tem useful! :)

7. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

If you're looking to make emblems in the style of the in game ones those are incorrect on several levels. I don't think you quite ripped them from the in game emblems so the shape is a bit off, what's more is that they're in a weird resolution. You should really start with 1x then after working with it scale up as needed, but these seem to be in 3x with the charges in 2x. The charges are also wrong as Geti's emblems have already established a specific width for horizontal, vertical, or diagonal bars. Charges should also not be done using the outline colour as it will pollute the readability of the main symbol. The outline colour is also off and there's a number of stray differently coloured pixels hanging out in there.

But ultimately it doesn't really matter if you want to make your emblems different in style. Mine generally follow Geti's style as closely as I can but both BoW's and HA's have deviated and look fine as well. Still, I think it looks a bit better if there is a little consistency and in any case it's probably better to start in Geti's style and make changes as needed for your specific emblem.

emblemkit.PNG

Here's my own emblem kit, it has the correct outline as well as the in-game palette. I also recommend referencing Geti's to see how the colours are used, particularly on the anti-aliasing. If anyone's interested in having an emblem made or wants tips feel free to PM me.

miniu, Conquerer, Varion and 2 others like this.
  8. RogueCupcake

RogueCupcake Haxor Official Server Admin

I think I might make one, I wil show youz later

Mods: Downburst, Mazey