1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

TDM [REJECTED]Terribithia

Discussion in 'Rejected Maps' started by an_obamanation, Jul 11, 2017.

1. an_obamanation

an_obamanation The boss Donator

Map name: Terribithia
    Gamemode: TDM
    Symmetrical: Yes
    Special features:
    Shark in middle
    Platform bridge (can go up through it)
    Ugly, but practical
    Map: Terribithia.png

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
    FunATuns, l3afysamz and Ni like this.
  2. mcrifel

mcrifel Haxor Staff Alumni Tester
    1. MIST

The image at the Map: part isn't showing

3. erik102003

erik102003 Base Burner Tester

Lol how do you wanna kill someone whos camping on the shop island xd

4. RedOTheWisp

RedOTheWisp Ballista Bolt Thrower Official Server Admin

The simplicity is quite nice.

5. an_obamanation

That's weird because it's showing up in my browser, hopefully the edit I just did fixes this.

There's plenty of ways to go about this. Baiting the person down, sprinting up and landing a quick jab, the help of a teammate, bomb jumping up, triple shot, etc. It also helps that it's kinda blocky up there which would make movement awkward. I don't see it as an issue unless you have high ping or if mines are involved. Can probably add another floating island in the middle or something similiar though at @Eluded 's request.

mcrifel likes this.
  6. Eluded

Eluded Haxor Official Server Admin

@an_obamanation sure, simplicity can work fine. But I think you need to put some more thought into this map.

Erik is right, the two islands very strongly encourage camping. I haven't played it yet but I'm pretty sure you can't jump between the islands, and the islands are high enough that you have to wallrun a bit to get up. So a knight who gets up there is going to be a real pain to kill unless you can bomb jump onto him.

The spawns are also bad for camping. A knight who gets pushed back to the spawn isn't going to be able to get back up unless he gets extremely lucky.

The middle part needs to be redesigned as well i think. The lower part with the shark is dead space because people won't want to risk getting rekt by the shark. It's also too hard to jump up through the platforms. So most people will be having a slash timing fight on that middle level, on top of those platforms. And it kind of sucks to have this sort of fight on platforms since you don't move smoothly on platforms and can't shield slide as fast.

Not wanting to be rude, but I think there's too many problems with the map as it is. Redesign it and submit again by all means, but I think you might be best off starting afresh on a new map.

an_obamanation likes this.
  7. erik102003

Just thinking as my main in TDM, archer, i dont think you can wall run up there when charging an arrow, a good camper cannot be baited

spikes would do the job much better :wink:

Overall i would just low the max height of the islands and make the smaller

Also kinda seems like a shitfest for archers, just spamming arrows into the platforms, negating knight movement, so maybe remove the shark or make the lake be lower and smaller :wink::thumbs_up: plz dont bully me im trying to criticise here

8. an_obamanation

upload_2017-7-11_18-4-5.png

New map lowers the height and adds spikes to the sides to prevent archers from hanging up there and spamming arrows (Honestly really surprised nobody noticed that problem)

Changed to be flat though I could've gotten out of it without luck :rekt::bird:

Redesigned to be easier to jump up through whilst not having clunky movement, shark removed.

It's not "rude" to state where problems exist, it's your job as a map moderator. If my edits aren't satisfactory I can just start on a brand new map.

Edited map png: Terribithia.png

erik102003 and l3afysamz like this.
  9. erik102003

I like it, though i think there should be added a spike at the very top of the island.

I just realized that when an archer buys a fire arrow he can just burn the wooden mid

Altho the wood looks nicer i would replace it with stone (keep the platforms and doors tho)

If these changes are done or smh in that mind +1

10. an_obamanation

I love it when I miss the obvious, changed it to stone and added a spike where you wanted one.

upload_2017-7-12_2-43-45.png

EDITED edited map png: Terribithia.png

erik102003 likes this.
  11. Ni

Ni Battle Angel Global Moderator Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Donator Tester Official Server Admin
    1. Active Forum Users

Love small and simple maps :3

12. an_obamanation

After some more plays of the map on superpowers and jedi TDM (while those aren't 100% true to the TDM experience I was able to get enough of a feel of how the map would play out.) I determined that the movement on even the updated map is somewhat awkward, the platforms at the bridge have been used more as camping points than what I intended, and the map is just plain ugly looking. I'd prefer this map be scrapped it's quite mediocre.

@Eluded or @PUNK123 please move this back to rejected.