1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[test]Spike ramble

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FinDude, Jun 24, 2011.

1. FinDude

FinDude KAG Guard Tester

So, spikes.

They're a bit too easy to destroy, especially for a knight.

Falling on horizontal spikes is awfully deadly.
    The damage in general is a bit hard to predict at times, but I think that's for another thread.

I would like to see tile-long steel ones. They would cause instant death when you fall/move on them, but if and only if you are moving directly against the spikes' direction. A princeofpersia sliding effect could be used. Maybe several spikes could be stacked for longer ones?

Steel would be bought at an outpost or a tent and could be used for myriad of other things too.

Having the gold and travel cost should deter spamming this high-tier deathtool.

What if having to move carefully on spikes cost you movement speed?

The biggest issue with passive defenses is and will be teammates being stupid with them.
    I don't think there's much to do about it.

The spikes still float, too.

2. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Shh about steel you'll ruin it ;) That's likely to enter the game at some point because it's so damn useful.

We're aware of the spikes floating and a fix is coming afaik.

Costing you movement speed makes sense I think but I'm not sure if simply slowing the player down would be a good idea - unless there's visual feedback (the player tiptoeing or something) then new players would likely be confused.

I'm interested in hearing what you guys think of them, actually. I know Vig hates them but I've heard some praise for them in-game so it'd be nice to know what the net opinion is.

3. Rockyz

Rockyz Guest

FinDude I Agree spikes still flow and shouldn't this thread now be closed because u got an answer?

4. FinDude

FinDude KAG Guard Tester

I think the spikes are pretty good, but hard to put to good use because we haven't got any trapdoors.

I noticed the map bridge.png, when are we getting those?

5. Rockyz

Rockyz Guest

Tomorrow hopefully

6. Garciat

Garciat Bison Rider Global Moderator

I think a no-spike area around spawn posts should be implemented. Griefers are having a blast placing spikes around their own team's spawn location.

7. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Lol I don't know about you guys but I don't think I've ever died to enemy spikes. Allied ones though, haha I die to those a lot.