1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Texturing Help

Discussion in 'General Help' started by ZeldaMarioDude, Dec 15, 2013.

1. ZeldaMarioDude

ZeldaMarioDude Tree Planter

So, I went off and make my own Black Knight texture (I won't bother to download it)
    And....
    screen-13-12-15-20-57-28.png

Is there anyway to solve this problem. This always happen when I texture sprites.

Edit: Transparecy problem solved, but when I "sharp" the texture teamcolor problem occurs.
    screen-13-12-16-06-54-48.png screen-13-12-16-06-54-38.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 15, 2013
  2. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Guessing you are using MSpaint or something.

You'll need to use an image editor that saves transparency as well because right now it's saving the image in 24 bit (which lacks transparency) but you need to have it in 32 bit instead. When editing it, transparent parts should have a checkerboard pattern behind them, but right now it's white.

Froghead48 likes this.
  3. ZeldaMarioDude

4. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

About team colors it's normal, only certain tints of blue can work. I only can recommend you Paint.NET for pixel art - So for KAG. Then you can select all ( Ctrl+A ) and unselect blue tints ( With shift or ctrl i don't remember ), then you can apply effects as you want without this problem.

5. link6155

link6155 Haxor Staff Alumni Tester Official Server Admin
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

I recommend using Paint.NET: http://getpaint.net
    It's very similar to Paint when it comes to it's interface, so you should be able to get used to it quickly.

You can also try GIMP, but it's not as user friendly and it feels very clustered in my opinion.

6. ZeldaMarioDude

Paint doesn't save transparency. And I already have Paint.NET

7. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Okay, so since your transparency problem was solved, on to your other problem. As AsuMagic said, only certain colors will be recolored. In KAG/Base/Sprites you'll find TeamPalette.png (this one: TeamPalette.png ). Open it up with paint.net and zoom in. On the left most side you'll see 4 blue pixels. Those 4 blue pixels are the colors that will change to corresponding team's color. Then next column has 4 red pixels. This is team 2's colors. After that, there are 4 green pixels, and these are for Team 3 (if you are playing on server with more than 2 teams) and it goes so on and so on for up to the 8th team.

So here's an example using this zoomed in version of the palette:
    Teamcolors.png

Anything that is the same color as the pixel in A1 will be changed to the color shown in A2 for the 2nd team. Anything colored the same way as the pixel in C1 will be changed to the color shown in C3 for the third team. The engine does this automatically, so you don't even need to make a different team's sprite.

Now since you are making a texture pack, you can change the colors in the 1 column to suit whatever color you want changed to another team. In your case, you are using slightly different blues (I think) so just get the blue colors you have on your new sprites and add replace the existing blues (order doesn't matter as long as you keep the colors you want changed to consistent across the lettered rows). You don't even have to use blue really for the first team if you don't want to, but it's important that you use the colors you want distinguished between teams to be on there.

Last thing to note, which might be useful since you are doing a texture pack, if I recall correctly, someone said you can add more rows to the teampalette.png if needed (don't remember if it works for columns though). In other words, you could have a row E and F (or even more) if you happened to need more colors. Just add the extra row of pixels and then corresponding colors. Don't quote me on that though, cause I'm not 100% sure, but I do think I heard it once before.

Duplolas, Gurin and Asu like this.
  8. ZeldaMarioDude

LOL I messed up a bit.
    screen-13-12-20-21-36-13.png screen-13-12-20-21-36-06.png
    I messed up head... And team color...

9. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

It looks like you applied a filter on the color at the top, I've forgotten to tell you. I just can suggest you not to touch the textures just to make a filter, it's better to make a shader ( But it will modify the entire screen )