1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Video The Clan Recorder!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WanderMark, Mar 25, 2013.

1. WanderMark

WanderMark :) Donator

Is there a clan war that you want to be recorded+commentated upon? Then apply here in the thread or send me a PM!
    Introduction!
    This is a minor project I've been fiddling around with a little bit for quite some time now. This is supposed to be lighthearted and fun- less of an obligation, more a hobby!
    With the creation of this beautiful thread, in which Warrfork uploaded a HD video of a clan war, I decided to put the machinery into motion!
    The Idea!
    The premise is simple! If you have a clan war and want to see it recorded and commentated upon, then simply fill in the form down below! Once the game is done I will upload it onto youtube, where it will be made public, as well as post it here! The videos will have good video and audio quality!
    Application!
    Fill out the form down below and post it either here in the thread or send it through a PM. Once I've seen it, I will try and get back to you- quickly as possible! I would also, before you continue, like to mention that I wont provide a server, nor will I help with organization- I am just the man with the camera!​
    • What Clans:
    • What server (password can be sent through PM if needed):
    • What date:
    • What time (preferably in EST or GMT):
    • Rules (what gamemode, how many rounds, etc):
    • Others (anything else you think that I need to know?)
    Please bear in mind that I will record up to a maximum of five clan wars per week, people who are early with their applications will be prioritized!

I also do reserve the rights to deny an application based on lack of seriousness (bad organization, lack of players, etc), personal reasons (bad date or time, unpredictable stuff, etc), and finally whether or not the schedule is full (see below!).

Schedule - Not In chronological order!
    1. Game 1 - [NMS] vs Fote, 6th of April, 4.30pm CEST Closed
    2. Game 2 - Open
    3. Game 3 - Open
    4. Game 4 - Open
    5. Game 5 - Open
    Final words!
    I literally have no idea at all how well this will turn out. Maybe the reception will be great, maybe this just isn't the right time. I hope this will work so that it can be expanded upon- strategy talk, guest commentators, higher production values, etc!

Some of the organizing might need some work as well depending on how things will turn out. That is all for now, toodles!

2. Conquerer

Conquerer Shark Slayer

I think it's a great idea, and I'd love to see it succeed.

These videos could also possibly be used for clan strategy.
    (Heheh :p)

SlyStalker and WanderMark like this.
  3. WanderMark

I certainly do hope it will work. The response has been good so far- I'm sitting in eager anticipation, waiting for some applications to roll in eventually.

SlyStalker likes this.
  4. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Nice WanderMark.
    You're an awesome commentator!

SlyStalker and Conquerer like this.
  5. Conquerer

Conquerer Shark Slayer

Maybe, if you get more popular, you could eventually end up commentating and recording the ArL games. Freddex would have no objections, I'm 85% sure.

SlyStalker likes this.
  6. WanderMark

Well that would be a possibility- but please understand, I'm already feeling a bit guilty about a series of events leading up to ArL. Initially I was in charge of getting a team of dedicated streamers together for the league, but due to more or less unforeseen consequences that put a huge workload on my shoulders- I kinda dropped out, bailed might be a better word.

Less than a week before the tournament started I just quit the whole project in order to fully focus on my studies. I am feeling incredibly guilty about this, and if I were to start streaming, then I would have to be certain that there's time for it.

I am very happy that there is a group of dedicated worker ants currently making ArL a great show- super impressed with their site and amount of work that's put into the actual broadcasts!

SlyStalker and BeasterDenBeast like this.
  7. SlyStalker and Guitarman like this.
  8. WanderMark

This Saturday, 01:00 GMT+1
    Yes, I can do it if needed. I will be home over Easter, so I'll need to occupy the living room, far away from those sleeping!

Thank you.

9. >On this Saturday, 30th of March.
    We're starting with the check-in at 7pm GMT (2pm EST). Together with the check-in, the entire tournament is expected to last ~3 hours.
    >We're starting with the check-in at 7pm GMT (2pm EST). Together with the check-in, the entire tournament is expected to last ~3 hours.
    >7pm GMT (2pm EST). Together with the check-in, the entire tournament is expected to last ~3 hours.
    >7pm GMT

no single idea how you got to 1am GMT, if you can't do it at 7pm, then just leave it up, cannot move 32 people's schedule

10. WanderMark

Oh what the...

I just read the 7pm part, then EST in the bracket.
    Well will probably be difficult, there will be cousins and other people over, and I am not sure for how long they will stay. 10% that I can make it, 90% says that I can't.

Curses.

Edit: Sorry about that. I will be more certain this Thursday, if you want, I can get back to you then. Otherwise, best of luck!

SlyStalker likes this.
  11. VanHuek

VanHuek KAG Guard Tester

I can stream it and then get a proper YouTube caster to do it; perhaps one of the Yogscast people- who I've been in close contact with recently?

blukey and SlyStalker like this.