1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

The Daily Mod Bug Report (check if your mod is listed)

Discussion in 'Modding [KAG]' started by ShamWow-SuperRag, Jun 5, 2015.

1. ShamWow-SuperRag

ShamWow-SuperRag zamn Donator Tester

Hello, everyone. Daily, or every other day, I will make a list of bugs that are on modded servers that need to be fixed. With each list I will include a date and the Modded Server affected. Right now, the lists will be very small.

*I don't know where else to put this, and I think the "Bug Reports" section is reserved for vanilla KAG only.*

June 5, 2015 Bug Report

Aphelion's Roleplay: Tree seeds that are manually planted will not grow

June 6, 2015 Bug Report

Back from a bug testing event! It was successful... sorta. With the help of Wormy, we collected a few bugs. Also, please reply to this so I don't constantly have to double post. Contribute your own Modded Server bug findings and I will add them with your name beside it.

Mods Affected:

Wizard Wars
    Aphelion's Roleplay

Bugs:

#1 If you die and go in spec mode and then a teammate revives you, you will be on the white team. You are able to kill both teams. (Found by Wormy)
    #2 Repeatedly pressing U (if your mana is full) will fire 5-6 fire sprites. (Found by Wormy)
    #3 If your HP is at or above 70, if you heal yourself you will be overhealed. (Found by me)

#1 Manually planted seeds (I think it only affects tree seeds) will not grow, and when you do plant them they seem to be there, but either inside or under the block. (Found by me)
    #2 Lanterns dropped from high distances will go through the ground. (Found by me)

June 7, 2015 Bug Report

Mods Affected:

Factions Server

Bugs:

#1 When factionless, moving while holding right click makes you be... floaty. (found by me)
    #2 Switch to Team 1/Team 2 buttons are in the ESC Menu, but don't do anything. (found by me)

June 8, 2015 Bug Report

A bit late, but still here

Mods Affected:

All v All
    Factions

Bugs:

All v All

#1 Shops and spawn are in the ground.
    Factions

#1 Teamchat does not work because everyone is on the same team
    #2 Server crashes

June 9, 2015 Bug Report

Mods Affected:

- Fun Fun CTF (NOT the official one)
    - Aphelion's RP

Bugs:

-Fun Fun CTF

#1 Extreme server-side lag
    #2 Mods seem to not work
    - Aphelions RP

#1 Heads disappear sometime​

Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
    PeggleFrank likes this.
  2. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

3. Chrispin

Chrispin KAG Guard Tester

Thanks guys. Glad you are taking the initiative to both expose mods to the forum community and motivate mod developers to continue their mods. Those bugs will likely be fixed by the next build of Wizard Warriors

4. PeggleFrank

PeggleFrank Base Burner

Sometimes (most of the time) after finishing a match of Shiprekt, the server will crash and come back up immediately. It's a pretty big problem, since not that many people actually rejoin the server once it comes back up.

5. ShamWow-SuperRag

Just added the bug list from yesterday. Sorry for yesterdays bug list being late! Another one will be coming today.

EDIT: Just added todays, june 8, bug report! Again, very meager lists, but as we get going they will grow.

Remember, if any of you guys experience bugs in modded servers, just post them here and I'll include them in the list!

6. dayleaf

dayleaf Haxor
    1. The Thieves Guild

*The floaty bug if you right click in the Factions Server, it's not actually a "bug" or game/mod error, you just have an invisible grapple*

7. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Ehh factions server is still in development / testing, there are a lot of bugs. I would recommend only reporting bugs in "finished" mods

makmoud98, rymcd and Kazaco97 like this.
  8. Chrispin

Chrispin KAG Guard Tester

Shiprekt "crashing" after nextmapping is a very new issue that I've just started to notice in Wizard Wars as well. I'm wondering if that crashing bug in Factions mod happens in a similar fashion. I'm thinking Geti/MM/FLAB broke something in KAG recently

9. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

The All v All bug isn't a bug. It's a map thing. I've placed these spawns in some of the maps like that by accident, lol. It doesn't really matter tho, u can still buy things. Also all vs all is made by @Diprog if you need to talk with him.

10. PeggleFrank

PeggleFrank Base Burner

On a lot of servers, the icons seem to be misplaced. I'm assuming this is due to the recent changes to the UI code. The icons for a lot of shops, for example, seem to be spread very far apart, meaning you have to stand at the very edge of the shop to be able to use it.

I noticed this on BC flatmaps at first as being the most notable example. I haven't seen that server active in ages, so I'm not sure if it's been fixed or if it hasn't and nobody's bothered to play on the server because of it.

If the dev reads this thread, I don't see why bugs shouldn't be reported here.

Reporting the bugs somewhere else, sure. But not reporting bugs at all isn't good for anyone.

11. ShamWow-SuperRag

Just added todays bug report!

12. PeggleFrank

PeggleFrank Base Burner

Fun Fun CTF: Icons are messed up. The "swap class" buttons are much higher up than they should be, and the same goes for the storage buttons.

Sometimes mills can activate and create flour infinitely. The only time I ever saw this happen was when their inventories were completely filled. Maybe it's a feature.

Some ammo types, like sticky bombs, seem to have an icon already made for them but instead use another icon for some reaosn. This is most noticeable next to the healthbar, where a sticky bomb will show up as a regular bomb, despite having its own unique art, and also water orbs appearing as fire orbs.

Same crashing issue that Shiprekt and other servers had, although it's not as severe.

Lit bombs don't have an animation, and numerous other things about them seem "off;" especially the explosion power.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2015
  13. Potatobird

This happens when you sell the flour just as the workshop is still producing it. This seems to be a property of all workshops, it works with windmills for the same reason it works with bombs in tth:
    I'm fine with it because it means you don't have to spend the whole game making massive mill farms. You only need one, and any more actually make it impossible to use this trick.

PeggleFrank likes this.
  14. Diprog

Diprog Bison Rider Tester
    1. FUN Servers

Ok, this mod is so old, so I just fixed it for the latest build. Engine and scripts got some changes since that time, so some bugs appear. I'm still fixing these buttons. About sticky bombs, I can fix the animation of a regular bomb only by removing sticky bombs. I'll try to find how to solve this problem.
    Update is coming, I already fixed a material sprite of sticky bombs and buttons.

Thanks for the feedback.

15. PeggleFrank

PeggleFrank Base Burner

More Fun Fun CTF bugs: (@Diprog)

You can place blocks and remove them simultaneously. I suspect this has to do with the way blocks are placed, considering they're placed faster than they are in regular CTF.

Cannons can fire through walls if they're thin enough. This can cause some hilarious outcomes, like sniping someone through their own wall, but it makes it difficult to actually destroy the wall. Maybe this should be kept in, for the giggles.

Wizards can't really use items without also firing orbs. Attempting to use a drill with a bomb or fire orb equipped in a tunnel is a death sentence.

You can't repair blocks, but you can replace wood with stone. You can't replace wood platforms or corners with stone platforms or corners.

You can place campfires in doors... lol. They don't keep the doors open, so I don't think it could be used for griefing purposes. This should probably stay in, though it's your call.

You can't place blocks with the diving helmet equipped, but knights can attack and archers can shoot.

Zombies die in literally one hit. Not really a bug, but... still.

--- Double Post Merged, Jun 13, 2015 ---
    The chainsaw sound effects are extremely loud. The drill is far quieter. It seems to fade with distance, but it still seems far too loud when you're right next to it.

16. Potatobird

To be honest if you could repair blocks I would coinfarm stone blocks all day long

PeggleFrank likes this.
  17. Diprog

1. FUN Servers

You are right, will remove ability to repair stone blocks

18. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Moved to appropriate section. Please post in the correct section next time.

19. Diprog

1. FUN Servers

And also, everything about the FUN mod post please on the social forum: tiny.cc/funservers

PeggleFrank likes this.