1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

The Idea of Red Vs Blue

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Thiamor, May 27, 2012.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Has anyone ever tried it? Not a fighting thing. A comical video series, such as Halo's Red Vs Blue. One person basically record, while everyone else follows up on a general script. The recorder can go into spectate mode, and zoom in and around the needed characters. Who actually would do such a thing, if someone else was willing to record? All we do later, is add in voices, and keep the original sound effects. Hell, I can see Zombies being a good side thing for the story.
    </br>--- merged: May 27, 2012 5:33 PM ---</br>
    The basic idea, would be to get people to play on a server made for 'This' and we play through a script, while someone else is in spectate mode, recording us, and they then adds in the voices. Make it. Place it on Youtube. ????. Profit.

2. Inexorable

Inexorable The おっぱい lovin' nipple wizard. Donator

Do you have any idea, ANY, IDEA... how difficult it would be on KAG? ANY IDEA?! Sure it would be great but that would be inordinately difficult.

3. Arlus

Arlus Shopkeep Stealer

I've already thought about that in Soldat with a Boogieman horde :rollseyes:

4. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

One person record, other people do stuff. Yup. So difficult.

5. Inexorable

>other people do stuff

Yes extraordinarily difficult. I would be ultra hard to synchronise everyone's actions. But yeah if it can be pulled off, great.

6. Bly

Bly Ballista Bolt Thrower

well if you need someone I am up for the job (2 help it work).

7. Inexorable

Yeah me to, will need to vent/skype to do this though.

8. Bly

Bly Ballista Bolt Thrower

I dont have skype:p

9. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

For one of the main iterations of the doomed KAG tutorial project, we filmed a few scenes, like a knight and worker travelling through a forest and then being ambushed by half a dozen archers.

Even before that Czubai was shooting a sort of music video and we had Dwatring or someone raping Shad (I resprited the archer to look like a woman).

Both times I was put in charge for some reason. As Inex said it is incredibly frustrating to coordinate people, even for simple scenes. One time we redid this scene for what felt like hours and when we finally got it right Czubai declared that he had run out of disc space and it didn't record.

If anyone is planning another sort of thing I can give some humble advice.

Blueboy23 and BlueLuigi like this.
  10. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I want to do it, indeed. But I can't do recording. Would fail at it. But I can get scripts typed up. Main thing would have people Improvising stuff, so it's not so hard. Then we can add voices in later. This way it can be edited voices that people want to use, rather than skype or vent, or Teamspeak.

Mods: BlueLuigi