1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

The JOYS of Skybridges.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nighthawk, Sep 2, 2011.

1. Nighthawk

Nighthawk Guest

Most people really hate skybridges, because they're unrealistic and incredibly cheap, but a friend and I have found joy in the much-hated, gamebreaking object.

You see, this is what we do:

1 - Build a skybridge. Easy enough. It just takes an inventory full of wood.
    2 - Make yourself known. Build the ladder down to their base and get the enemies to cross said bridge.
    3 - Snipe them off! Watch your foes fall to their doom screaming outrageously.

It is so very satisfying. And hilarious. Not only that, but if you die and things seem to be getting out of hand, you can break the bridge and send the raiding enemies falling to their dooms.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm going to be a little sad when skybridges become impossible to build once again.

2. SpitfireXero

SpitfireXero KAG Guard Tester

I hope you cry really hard then.

3. antymattar

antymattar Guest

Actually this doesnt work cause the enemies can connect the skybridge to their end too.

4. Rainbows

Rainbows KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

I hope you start cutting yourself.

5. Darklight

Darklight Guest

Die in a fire with the pieces of your skybridge.

6. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

I do like sniping people off of skybridges. Its a conveyor belt of easy kills.

7. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

Yeah, and if we all wanted to play the killing game, we'd go play COD.

8. archont

archont Guest

The only thing about to be set on fire is your dog.

Skybridges are awesome because they allow a way to break stalemates and provide a third route of accessing the enemy fort. They make use of otherwise unused air space. Skybridges should stay until baloons or other means of aerial travel is implemented. And even then the ease of destroying a skybridge and the vulnerability of people crossing it makes them remarkably balanced.

9. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Hey guys, cut the hate.

10. t0rchic

t0rchic Drill Rusher

What's wrong with you? D:

11. Rainbows

The hate is bullet proof! What will a mere knife do? Now an RPG maybe...

12. czubai

czubai KAG Guard Tester

Skybridge haters are mad. :O You guys need to play some instruments. Anti-stress music therapy ftw.

13. SpitfireXero

SpitfireXero KAG Guard Tester

Czubai plays the skin flute ;> And I've made skybridges when I lose all hope. Because who needs structurally sound walls when you can walk across even less structurally sound ladders for an easy win?! :D

14. Rainbows

I know!
    [img=FIRE]http://arch.413chan.net/OrbitalFriendshipBeam-(n1302891533530).jpg[/img]

15. archont

archont Guest

Eliseus likes this.
  16. Neat

17. Rainbows

Well how else would it kill the hate?
    Such as the intense loathing of the hating heretics....

18. Overlord

Overlord KAG Guard Tester

19. Nighthawk

Nighthawk Guest

Wow. More people hate skybridges than I thought.

But really, guys... have you ever tried sniping enemies off of the bridges? It's addicting. I do it every match I get the chance, just because it's a total blast.

And for the record, I will not start cutting myself when skybridges are eliminated.

20. Neat

I don't play archer, and even if I did I wouldn't do it just for kills. If I wanted to play a game where you just kill and that's it i'd play COD or something. I don't think that skybridges aren't really in the spirit of the game, even if you get target practice out of it.