1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

The Ol' Grief N' Quit

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by TheChosenOne2000, Nov 6, 2013.

?

Ever seen this happen?

1. Yea, it stinks

83.3%
  2. Nope, not YET

16.7%
Mods: Rainbows
  1. So it has become apparent that most votes to kick griefers end up useless because the accused leaves the game, so how about adding a feature that when a vote to kick has begun, nobody, or just the two guys being voted on, can leave the game? This way, people will grief less, knowing that is someone votes them out, they will probably get kicked.

2. Darksteel

Darksteel The see me Boulderin', they hatin'. Donator
    1. Australians United Stand Strong - AUSS - (Invite Only)

Its too bad you can simply disconnect from the internet to get around that, huh?

3. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Better idea: Quickly hop on Guard chat and let a guard know who is griefing. Also, take videos. Then they get banned permanently instead of a minor kick.

Food likes this.
  4. tahts way too sketchy, and risky, and not everyone can get vids

5. Jlordo

Jlordo Nobody Donator

Not really. Guards will hop onto the server in less than a minute. And if people bothered, it's not that difficult to quickly download a recorder and set it to a hotkey. See a griefer? Hit it and post the video.

6. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Wait I didn't even know about any hotkey recorder. Do you have any specifically to mention?

7. Darksteel

Darksteel The see me Boulderin', they hatin'. Donator
    1. Australians United Stand Strong - AUSS - (Invite Only)

FRAPS? that is a good one.

8. Jlordo

Jlordo Nobody Donator

Yeah. As darksteel said, FRAPS is a good screen recorder with a hotkey start. However, nearly every recorder has a hotkey. Alternatively, you can just alt tab, manually hit start recording and go back to the game.

9. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

Maybe having a built in replay option for KAG wouldn't be out of the question. Like how in TF2 you can type into console and have a recording automatically saved to your TF2 folder. A lot of people would get good use out of it since people go on huge killing sprees and just amazing offensive pushes, but never get to record them.

If I remember correctly, FRAPs costs money, and I don't think pirating would be a good idea.

10. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

There are a couple of free recording programs, like for example bandicam. They're enough for chasing griefers and the likes. Also, as stated above, feel free to use !guard in #kag (quakenet IRC channel) to call a guard to help you getting rid of such people.

11. BaconLover

BaconLover Catapult Fodder

Well as the matches since it released on Steam became really random, nobody notices or cares even when griefers are active since with ~30 guys confusion is hard to notice... Things became really random on KAG on the last few days, now we have quantity but lost the quality.

12. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

After awhile more custom servers will come out with active moderators like with Classic. Other communities just need to get established within the game. Though, maybe promoting some more guards who can be active when others are not on different servers. Ive noticed that whenever I play in school there are 0 guards on. Thats from 7:30 am - 2:00 pm EST.

13. OK guys, stay on topic, no other ideas, just what do think about THIS one, it is simple, you download nothing, and you are not waiting for a guard.

14. LucasTT

LucasTT Haxor Tester

They can change some stuff to see if someone has left in the mid of a vote-kick,they get banned.

15. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Man I can't stand Monsteri or Contrary. I know! I'll check the option to votekick them, and when they leave they get banned! Bloody brilliant cannot be abused 10/10!

Mods: Rainbows