1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

The Red Team

Discussion in 'Texture Packs' started by bilbs, Jun 11, 2011.

1. bilbs

bilbs Guest

I personally have a bit of trouble telling the teams apart. There are certain animations with minimal team coloring, and in a big brawl that makes it difficult.

This texture pack is a re-skinning of The Red Team, in hopes to add some immediate distinction.

Changes:
    - knight has had a helmet change, and his shield has a spike
    - builder now has a hardhat
    - archer's hat has been removed, now wears a red bandana on his face
    - skin lightened, outlines darkened

All artwork was originally created by the KAG staff, I have only modified and altered the colors of them.
    Use these for fun and do not use them for anything but modding KAG.

Enjoy,
    Bilbs

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Archer
    [​IMG]
    Builder
    [​IMG]
    Knight
    [​IMG]
    Tent

2. NotAName

NotAName Guest

Try not to add extra pixels to sprites, as the hitbox will be messed up (I'm mostly talking about the builder).

However, the art is beautiful.

3. killzonea59

killzonea59 Guest

I personally like the style of the archer. Great work and the tent is something new and creative.

4. Kelaisnow

Kelaisnow Guest

This is awesome, really like the archer adaptation. Learned the hard way after hours of making new sprites that the hit boxes are screwed and some animations bleed into each other :/ Thanks a lot for sharing these!

5. bilbs

bilbs Guest

Thanks guys

I've decided the builder doesn't quite go with the theme. So expect a remake on that one sometime soon.

Are the hit boxes handled by the sprites? I kinda doubt it considering they're client side.
    I think the 1 pixel as the helmet bill is the only thing I added though.

6. Overlord

Overlord KAG Guard Tester

lol at the blue worker running away,

also good texture pack:)

7. NotAName

NotAName Guest

It looks to me more like 2x3 pixels in addition to that one.
    The hitboxes aren't handled by sprites, but having a big addition makes it hard to determine if you will hit someone or not (like when trying to headshot someone and having the arrow go through the helmet)

8. Gaunt13

Gaunt13 Guest

i love this texture pack! would you mind if i used your statue for my own texture pack ? iwill credit you and post it on the forum when it is ready

9. bilbs

bilbs Guest

Yeah go for it.

Im pretty skeptic about those headshots already. I'm planning to redo the builder though so I'll take a loot.

10. fool

fool Guest

You'll find that there's a stray pixel on one of the worker's frames, the fifth from the top. Additionally, all three characters lack their falling-corpse frames. In the case of the Knight, the last four frames are shifted up so that the space where the falling-corpse frame would've been is occupied by one of the bomb-throwing ones.

I took the liberty to fix the sprites in a way I saw fit, and they are included in this archive. It also includes fixes for your blue team sprites which suffered from many of the same issues. I hope they can be of use to you.

http://amy3a3.cjoint.net/en/

Aside from those small issues, these sprites are absolutely fantastic. I've been using them along with your blue team characters since I came across them.

11. bilbs

bilbs Guest

I think I might have uploaded an earlier version of what I had worked on because I haven't run into these problems since I posted. That is definitely my bad though so thank you for the fix.
    You seem to know whats what, so I'm guessing with the same color palette whatever you filled in for the falling sprite is pretty much the same. I'll re-post what I have later though

12. fool

fool Guest

I've also just noticed that the shirt of the worker changes from red to brown in various frames, such as kneeling or falling.

13. Overlord

Overlord KAG Guard Tester

This is awesome keep up the good work :p

14. Carver

Carver Meitantei-san Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

:P Bilbs I would love you x100 if you did the 3 new knight sprites...
    Pretty please?

15. czubai

czubai KAG Guard Tester

Yeah, I've been using this before build 90. Would be nice to have it back. :)