1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

The Update....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Creille, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Creille

Creille Base Burner

Creille.
    I havnt been on in a week or so just as the update came out and now ive come back on everything has completely changed,
    This could be good, but to me i thought that going underground as a builder and making secret tunnels into there base with an army of knights was the best fun ever but now you cant see a thing and end up pushing the sacrifice button to get back to the spawn.
    also i think a lot of people would agree that the old shops looked alot better than the new ones (the new ones look great and all, but the old ones were like KAG icons.)
    also the bombs are different in some way that makes them glitchy and unrealiable and they were the reason i play KAG.
    Its Great to see some big glitches fixed up though, like i havnt seen a corpse fish since the update. :)
    thoughts.. sorry about the moaning :p
    RU5H.png
    RU5H FOR LIFE ^^^^

Crawker and inactive_account like this.
  2. Shadreki

Shadreki ᴋᴀɢ ᴅᴡᴇʟʟᴇʀ Donator

Hi Creille.

Just like you I've been gone for a long while and came back just recently, but I'm liking the new update even more. There's now a much realistic feeling in the game and also the old shop outlining made it look like a really cheap art design. But hey, that's my opinion. :rollseyes:

3. Creille

Creille Base Burner

Yeah i see what you mean but yeah everythings just soo differen i spose i just need time to adjust :P

Crawker likes this.
  4. Raron

Raron KAG Guard Tester

Meh builds come and go...This is third look for the workshops....We got used to first 2 we will get used for this one as well...Every build destroyes and rebuilds the game.

5. MacD

MacD Shark Slayer

King Arthur's Gold is still in Alpha. You can expect to see many more changes to come, whether it's removing or adding game features, or changes to existing features. My recommendation is don't get too used to nearly anything, because chances are, it could be changed (even if just slightly).

6. Inexorable

Inexorable The おっぱい lovin' nipple wizard. Donator

I saw a corpse fish since the update... It was scary. Only one though.

7. Gredd

Gredd Builder Stabber

I Just Hope BISON ARE NEXT :migrant:

8. saniblues

saniblues KAG Guard Tester

Bison are programmed into the game already.

inactive_account and AJ like this.
  9. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

I assume you gotta fuck with the config files though. I, for one, like the new workshops.

10. Gredd

Gredd Builder Stabber

Then Why Can't I Shoot Them?

11. UnnamedPlayer

UnnamedPlayer Arsenist Administrator Global Moderator Tester

After a loooong time of even-worse glitched updates, I really enjoyed this one.
    But I do agree with you on the bomb subject. They should stay as they were: Awesome.

inactive_account likes this.
  12. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

Bombs aren't glitchy and unreliable, they just don't have such a ridiculous kill radius, don't have the bomberman effect for destroying blocks (so it does damage all around the blast rather then just above or beside it) and do damage still depending on how close you were. You just have to be alot more skilled with them now, and can;t just lob them over the battlefield into a mob of knights and hope one in the general area didn't see it properly in the mayhem of fighting or it goes far enough that a builder or archer hasn't got a hope of retreating from it anyway. That was the worst thing for me personally, as builder or archer a knight could throw a bomb anywhere near you at very long range and alot of the time you couldn't get out of it's way cos of it's massive kill radius, didn't have to take much skill.

Is nice the relative lack of glitchyness in this update though, although that teleporting bug is a right bitch.

13. UnnamedPlayer

UnnamedPlayer Arsenist Administrator Global Moderator Tester

Well, we can agree in disagreeing. I still think that bombing required more skill before the update. Bombjumping was acctually powerful (which was good since most of new players couldn't perform a good one), we could shield bash and throw the bomb at last second, taking advantage of enemy stun to explode them (can't do that anymore since explosion lost much ratio) and they could acctually damage buildings.
    Now the game didn't just lost a lot of fun but it also looks less realistic (be 5 feet away from an exploding bomb, survives).
    I miss old bombs.

PS: Knight combat feels good now, but clashing still sucks.

14. Inexorable

Yeah, I get were you're coming from, but I like the war torn fields of mud we get left with now as waves of people rushing kegs to the fore run by :D

UnnamedPlayer likes this.
  15. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

Yeah I think we have alot more destruction as a whole now, bombs might not be as powerful, but since their scatter is better they can be use to get at weak points in towers and collapse them or make a way into them, before hand you'd get 1 or two blocks destroyed, now even though there's less power you get an entire area, that's my experience so far at least. The kegs speak for themselves obviously.

I thought there was still a fair bit of skill in getting the more powerful bombjumps anyway, I never really do them cos I don't really play knight, and when I do I'm not good enough at it to rush so I stay back a touch mostly and help offensive builders.

16. Inexorable

Does anyone have trouble bomb jumping now? I sure as hell do, it only works like 50% of the time, I could do it every time before the update.

17. Creille

Creille Base Burner

now that ive gotten used to the update i take back what i said up there ^^^^
    its actually pre good and now its harder to bomb jump but when you perfect it only a few people can do it..
    which makes me feel good :):):)
    also the darkness can get abit annoying but still i am now a happy KAGGER :P :)

Crawker likes this.
  18. Mister_Meatball

Mister_Meatball Base Burner

I see why they nerfed the bombs but everyone is forgetting something, THEY GAVE US KEGS! No skill involved, just light and run in the general direction of the enemy fortifications. I'm telling you, the devs giveth, the devs taketh away.

!!!
    :huh?: 3..2..1..
    :castle::b_shop::blank::blank::blank: :eek::blank::blank::blank: X3:migrant::migrant:

19. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

No just no.
    The keg takes long enough to load, you can carry one at a time and its block-able and doesnt even go far away.
    When I saw its destructive power on a vertical wall I almost said '1 block dam? what the fu-'.
    And the keg can explode early when (lit) being shot by a random archer which seems to be the case all the damn time.

20. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

I dunno what servers you've been playing on but all the [!] servers kegs are fairly powerful, will happily chew through anything 3 blocks away from it most the time it seems. They're pretty well balanced too cos you need wood and coin to get them, on top of that you need to upgrade the bomb shop in the first place which requires a bit of all 4 resources if I'm not mistaken, which is nice cos it delays keg rushes before castles are built up enough to withstand them a bit, although it seems with the latest iteration of their shops you can get 20 gold for 10 coins or something, 10 coins for 20 wood and stone too, I'm pretty sure that's probably not how it's intended to be though.