1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

The Voice of Death

Discussion in 'Groups' started by Tynite, Apr 7, 2015.

1. The sky was grey, crying in agony, a day where time stopped. October, 1945. The Nazi Kingdom was no more. The war was over. Germany will no longer suffer anymore. The man with the moustache fell from his kingdom. The word Fürher is scrapped from the German Dictionary.

FÜRHER’S FALL

The fall of the dictator,

Germany’s peace was now restored,

But its reputation will

Never be the same.

This was the first time I was excited to collect a dead body. It wasn’t clear to me of how he may have died or why, but I heard a very loud, deafening gunshot. That was the immediate response I took. Reminiscing of the times before, I remember catching a glimpse of him when I was collecting the dead bodies of Jews. His face filled with vehement and his eyes burned with crimson red. This sinister leader was one like no other, he was incredibly corrupt, malicious and nefarious. I cannot describe to you how much harder he made my job, the death toll ascended every day. Bodies and bodies piled in prisons, homes and even streets. As I slowly ventured my way to the capital, I began to see the Russian soldiers marching and fires starting to ember. As I slowly trudged my way over the body, I looked at the horizon. It was approaching twilight. The sky now bleeding out, the moon was not yet visible but it looked as if the sky was going to collapse.

THE BLEEDING SKY

Crimson is deep anger that never comes out

Crimson reeks of revenge, of suffering and hate.

Crimson is the heart that is been broken in two,

It is hearing those lies, and wanting what he thinks is true.

I finally reached my destination, near the Reich Chancellery in an air-raid shelter. Hidden underneath the earth, laid not one but two bodies. But how may this have been? I felt only one vibe and only heard one gunshot. But it came clear to me as I collected his body, I saw the woman laying with cyanide capsules spilt all over the floor.

Now let us travel back forty hours before this incident, Adolf Hitler and his long-time companion Eva Braun have been in an intimate relationship for so long. As they hid in the Füherbunker, Hitler professed his love for her. “Willst du mich heiraten, Eva?”-“Oh Adolf, natürlich werde ich meine Liebe”. But what they didn’t know was, I was coming for them but it was more like they were ready for me. But all in all, their last 40 hours together they were not actually happy. This marriage proposal was more of a thank you gesture and Eva agreeing to it, meant she was submitting to die with him.

Death is inevitable. Adolf and Eva were scared for their lives hoping that the Russians did not find them, loud gunshots and trumpets blowing. Russia was proclaiming their dominance of Nazi Germany. As they travelled through the city every Nazi flag with the black swastika was burned immediately. None were left flying proudly, Germany were free from this ridiculous Nazi ratification. Mr and Mrs Hitler were doomed.

The only thing left to do was end their lives. Eva swallowed the cyanide and the loud bang of Walther PPK which Adolf used to shot himself. It really was a sour ending to their lovely marriage which only lasted 40 hours. I have to be honest, I was late. All of this I read from the newspaper the day after, which makes really upset I could not enjoy this for myself. Now I know you might say never laugh at someone’s misfortune but you could say Hitler brought a lot of misfortune to his country.

Now as the news began to spread throughout the country the Russians cheered and even celebrated. At the town square, one of the generals brought out a loudspeaker. “Achtung: Adolf und Eva Hitler ist tot. Von nun an wird es keine Diktatur über diesem Land”. These words were repeated extremely loud and was spread all over the country. The Germans were afraid. What will happen now?

As it was almost dark by now I came back to the bunker to leave a note. But instead I see these Nazi soldiers begin to burn the bodies of Adolf and Eva, I wondered why. The flame as bright engulfed the bodies, there was some smirks on the soldiers. To me this all went so fast, as I was about to leave. I heard on soldier say ‘
    Gut, dass dies geschehen ist, wo sie jetzt ? Another replied ‘Wir haben zu entkommen, die Sie nicht wollen um durch eine russische erwischt’. So as the fire downs, these three soldiers left through a secret passageway.

To me this is not how an ending should be, I want a happy fairy-tale ending. For Liesel, she read about all of this in the Fiedler’s Bunker. She was ecstatic but it made her sad that Max could not fight with him. Liesel knew there now the one thing to do was tell Max the great news wherever he was. But no I cannot end it here. I am Death, people have to die.

As the Russians hunt for the Nazi Soldiers, they began to search and destroy. They lit houses on fire if there were any Nazi soldiers inside. This went on for a few weeks, the death toll of soldiers was over five thousand. Germany was now back to order, Max came back and greeted Liesel. All was fine on Himmel Street. In case you were interested, Russia took over Germany for a small amount of time until a new German leader was announced.

A few months later literature of any kind was brought back into German culture, the book thief no longer had to steal books but instead teach the children how to read. This was the new Germany, a nation of growth. My job became much easier now instead of people dying from others, it was usually caused by sickness or old age. No longer was there a hatred that was brewing, punishing and torturing.

FIXED MINDSET. GROWING PERSPECTIVES.

When the nation was ruled by this one man.

I thought that everyone was an exact reflection of him.

But now that he is gone, they have all changed.

They stopped their hatred, anger and abolishment of Jews.

Instead they began to love them.

The abolishment of Adolf Hitler

Not only restored peace into Germany,

But taught Germany how to love again.

From one man’s action led this nation into destruction, through his own faults the nation followed. His existence defined the nature of Nazi Germany, but when he had fallen. Germany then began living in peace and prosperity. This story is not over yet, as Liesel and the Hermann’s began to start a new life in Sydney, Australia. The sky was clear blue and did not show have any dull clouds, and smiles that lit up the nation.

Liesel has now started a new journey in Sydney. For me I have accomplished my job but I still have to meet with Liesel for one last time. But for you, the reader’s sake that is another story. So let me leave you with this, “Rather than turning the page, it is much easier to just throw this book away.” I am left with one thing left to spoil, you will finish this book.

By Death.

2. Based on "The Book Thief' written by Mark Zukerburg. This is one of my pieces for an English assessment :)

3. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Didn't say so at the time; but not baide. What kind of mark did you get for it?

4. 18/20. Mainly because this girl wrote 8 pages, and the teacher was like gives her 20/20. :P

5. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Haha. Hard to compete against enthusiasm like that. ::P: