1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

This is why streaming KAG is currently impossible

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tern, Dec 6, 2014.

1. Tern

Tern Quickfish Donator Official Server Admin
    1. Zen - [Zen] - (Invite Only)

I was trying to watch Sapientia stream KAG in Steam; KAG crashed way too often for the stream to be enjoyable. I know that the next update is supposed to fix the server switching crash, but KAG crashes in plenty of other scenarios, and would be much more enjoyable if it were more stable.

I'm mainly posting this to show that as (hopefully) more people stream and make videos of KAG, we need to do what we can to make those broadcasts and videos reflect the game as well as possible to potential new players who may be watching.

[​IMG]

2. Adrianza

Adrianza Shark Slayer
    1. Zen Laboratories

To me the streamings just lags the game, dont crash

3. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

The game's image is definitely a concern considering how preposterously long the server switch bug was left in KAG. What was the build that introduced it, anyway?

Tern likes this.
  4. Pharphis

Pharphis Tree Planter

Server switch crashes still exist and dominate.

It was introduced in 1236 or 1239 that it got really, really bad (late august/september)

5. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Became prevalent when spectator camera following was added/fixed. Likely been in since day 1 tbh, its just a dangling pointer being dereferenced.

Tern likes this.