1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Three Lakes[REJECTED]

Discussion in 'Rejected Maps' started by Ozminer, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Ozminer

Ozminer Bison Rider

Map name: Three Lakes
    Gamemode: CTF
    Symmetrical: Yes
    Special features: 3 lakes that can be flooded to make one big lake
    Map: [​IMG]
    Map name: Ozminer_Threelakes.png

Attached Files:

2. PooManCHU

PooManCHU Shopkeep Stealer

Oz this map doesn't have spawns, flags, it doesn't even use the right colour pallet. was this a serious post, or just some fun. if you want this map to be added to the official cycle it has to use these colours beta_palette_build963.png

also red spawn is always on the right side of the map, becasue of how the games team swap works. also just a heads up floodable maps usually don't get accepted

3. Ozminer

Ozminer Bison Rider

Ive used this map on my server and it had dozens of playthroughs, nothing was wrong

Ill fix up the spawns
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 13, 2017, Original Post Date: Dec 13, 2017 ---
    ThreeLakes.png
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 13, 2017 ---
    It was fine but i was just fixing up the water and i halfed it then flipped it and didnt change the colours @PooManCHU

4. mcrifel

mcrifel Haxor Staff Alumni Tester
    1. MIST

I think the only color difference was air, which can be any color, if the game doesn't recognize a color it puts air there.

bunnie and Vamist like this.
  5. PooManCHU

the map looks fine in your second post, i was just referring to the the first one, it's all blurry, and uses a lot of different shades of the same colour, like the water is 3 different shades of blue sted of the one from the map pallet, second version looks all cleaned up, did you crank up the transparency when you saved it the first time or something

6. Ozminer

Ozminer Bison Rider

you gotta click on it dude

7. PooManCHU

lol oz i did click on it i opened it up to take a good long 1600% zoomed in look at it in paint.net. oh wait now i understand my confusion, i just dragged the image over to paint.net and opened it in paint.net, giving me the blurry version, what i should have done is first left click to bring up the enlarged view then you do the rest and get the normal version. i was having trouble because evey map i have taken a close look at have been inserted like this ThreeLakes.png

when you insert a map like that you can drag straight over from the web without having to open the enlarged view. your way is fine to i was just not accustom to it, thanks oz, now i wont make that slip up again

8. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

Map loading will be a little faster if you use the standard sky color, though i don't think it affects it much at all.

mcrifel likes this.
  9. Ozminer

Ozminer Bison Rider

any opinions o the map

10. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

Huge for a ctf map, resource placement poorly though out(the gold isnt visible to any players and are in VERY large pockets(same sizewise with stone), the large amount of res in one place will lead to giant craters being mined into the map, and the lack of bedrock to block water will lead to problematic flooding. Rejected.