1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Timeline your Own Kag journey

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by EhRa, Aug 12, 2016.

Tags:
  1. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

This thread is about memé bees posting about their journey through kag, from when they started to where they are at now. This can include notable achievements in kag.

To start us off;
    I started playing kag in the very early alpha versions of the game. I remember those old graphics fondly, the times when capturing gold was the only objective of the game. I played using an old alt account, which I promptly forgot about after taking a hiatus from kag. I re discovered it in the relative peak of the classic days.

I used to frequent the role play servers, as I enjoyed building giant structures and playing with some friends. Let's just say I was a non premium no body. I then discovered the old Xebo role play server, which I frequented hugely. I worked my way up in the ranks and became a mod for the server. At that moment I discovered the forums, but barely used them.

During my time as staff on that server, I bought premium and started branching out into both ticketed CTF and Zombie fortress. I loved role playing ZF. About 5 months after obtaining staff on the roleplay, it shut down. I then branched into CTF, particularly Action Unlimited.

While playing on Action, I found my love for playing archer. I used to sit on those tall mid-walls and sharp shoot players. I never went into other ctf servers, since I was scared of playing tickets.

After about a month, I discovered the joy of ticketed CTF. I frequented the Aus ctf servers, hoping to make a name of myself. I enjoyed watching those skilled players fight each other, namely the player named @Exid. He was a beast. Throughout that time, I looked up to three clans, AOE, POWER and MaJoR. They completely dominated the scene at the time, and I can distinctly remember applying for POWER. Rip.

I remember fondly the days of lasts stands, and off massive hill battles and sky arenas created by the admins.

These wonderful times started to end. Beta was coming, which drew the player base away from the game. I was one of the last to move into beta. Those final days was spent playing TDM and other mini games. It was fun, but not enjoyable. Throughout this time I played beta a couple of times, but hated the mechanics.

Then, when no played joined classic, I quit. I took a break from kag for a month, but then came back and played beta.

I loved it. It was so much fun, the new mechanics and added features. I didn't know why I hated it.

My most notable achievements from kag as it is now were playing in the MLK and winning the AUS 4v4 tourney. It was amazing playing with and against such skilled players.

Now I'm just a lurking old scrub who enjoys Te game too much :3

A bit of a rant, but send your stories in.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2016
    jibbo35442 and butterscotch like this.
  2. jimmyzoudcba

jimmyzoudcba Haxor Tester

No one will ever post because it's gonna be too long and hard lol
    I came mid 2012 and then was archer for 3 and a half years
    As a noob dying 6 times a minute
    Then I discovered there was something called "switching to knight"
    And I started reking
    The end <3

EhRa likes this.
  3. Loominati

Loominati Shipwright

I originally played kag back in the early alpha. I was a nobody and left rather quickly for some reason. Then a year ago I rediscovered this game and I was like oh yeah this game. Then I lag on to this day.

jimmyzoudcba, Magmus and EhRa like this.
  4. SlayerSean

SlayerSean FYI: it's pronounced "seen"

I came I saw I conquered.

Biurza likes this.
  5. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

Veni Vidi Vici

6. eric999

eric999 Bison Rider

My timeline:
    Joined King Arthurs' Gold Classic because I saw some of my friends play it (maybe I've been playing for longer). There were many players and many different servers. I looked through everything, all the settings, and drop down lists. EVERYTHING. I joined "Australian CTF Server". My first words were "Hi, im new". This was the beginning of my KAG life. I do not remember much things but, CTF Server was the BEST. I played on it most of the time, and I remember saying to @CheeseMeister "You have fast slash". and eventually "Longsword" to other people. I remember @cincoscuencas being the archer legend. I remember my first ever friend on KAG @Sh3nnk We used to play a lot on the Roleplay Server. But now, he is never speaking, it's like he got a disease or something. Started to get more into KAG, understanding how things work and that people always said "rekt". I also learnt how to build proper structures. I also could remember @zollie20 get angry at me for smiling too much and mining too much resources at base. Not helping out the team.
    Classic begins to deteriorate. I begin to wanted to play on "Zombie Fortress" as it seemed fun. and also "war" server. I started to get more friends on KAG. i wanted to get "gold" to play Zombie Fortress. So I wanted to try to get into giveaway competitions, but didn't succeed. But at the end of the year. Got myself premium. :D
    @kaizokuroof joined my server!!!! :D
    .... then he left 30 seconds later.
    Well, you know in every game, there are hackers. This is when a few people appear. @Jelus @samrrr This is the time when I started to make my own server! Took me so much time getting it set up. But I was happy. I also remember @marcochanyh start to make his own game modes! Out of KScript! I was so pleased.
    People which I knew started to leave classic. The Australian CTF server was always empty. Until one day. Poof. It disappeared. No more "Australian CTF Server". I was sitting in my seat thinking, "why...it was so good". This is when I started to make more game modes.
    People come and go, come and go, I start to learn more about people, and how KAG works. How KAG ping affects game play. How to do glitches. and that KAG is sleeping in the daytime's. This is when I realized that KAG needed australians. I was also only person hosting a server for the Oceania region. Must...keep...classic...alive...
    Started to make a few video's for gamemodes on Classic and see a few old friends.
    The End.

7. MechaTrickster

MechaTrickster Banned Donator

I came to grief and ruin everyone's time, I ended up putting hundreds of hours into it. Thx Rayne.