1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Trap blocks should be damaged by bomb arrows

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by an_obamanation, Jun 2, 2016.

?

Should this be a thing?

This poll will close on Jun 2, 2026 at 2:06 AM.
  1. Yes, I can see it helping more than harming.

57.1%
  2. Yes, but not in the way you're proposing.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yes, but trap blocks should just be weaker to begin with.

42.9%
  4. No. Bomb arrows are OP.

14.3%
  5. No. Trap blocks are fine as is.

14.3%
  6. No. I see it harming more than helping.

14.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Mods: Rainbows
  1. an_obamanation

an_obamanation The boss Donator

I was just in a CTF match where potatobird was ratting into the flag wall, and some guy put trap blocks to make a little cage trap connected to the flag casing. While that's all fine and good, there were trap blocks blocking my shots and I wasted two bomb arrows firing at it because I didn't know that trap blocks are apparently immune to bomb ammo

What I wanna propose is something around 1-2 bomb arrows breaking trap blocks (2 would probably be better but, who knows.). This would be very helpful if you get teammates that make bad traps, and the enemy starts abusing the trap blocks as semi-permeable doorways. This would also help against enemy traps, not forcing you to become a builder in order to take certain traps out.

Let me put it this way, say I make a trap like this
    [​IMG]

While this is not one of my best works in terms of this trap design, if I make this trap the way I want it to be, it's impossible to get by unless you're an archer or a builder, knights are screwed, and archers can be screwed too if I decide to set it up that way. Really, the only way to take it out is to have a builder either break the trap block to get to the spikes easily, or break the walling to make the trap block fall (Not possible in this scenario as I have dirt backwalling holding the thing.) Even if the archers wanted to shoot bomb arrows at the spikes if I just put another trap block two blocks above the first one, it becomes this impregnable shield that can consume any arrows it comes across. Then if I added another dirt spike to the block adjacent from the new trap block, it becomes impossible for ANYBODY to get over it unless a builder breaks it or covers it up. Allowing bomb arrows to break these kinds of things make them less annoying and game ending, but still keeps their effectiveness.

Allowing bomb arrows to break trap blocks would also solve saw trap spamming, as i've seen one guy encaes his saws in pure trapblocks but made it so you can't get to the side of them without falling into the other saw, making it a pure death pit. And if archers wanted to take care of said death pit they're shit out of luck because the trap blocks would gobble that stuff up.

2. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

Why not just suggest to fix trapblocks lol. I dont think they can change this because it is a teamblock and you cant damage teamblock :C.

3. an_obamanation

an_obamanation The boss Donator

I would, but people have already suggested that. So this is a different way of suggesting a fix. And if it's a matter of it being a teamblock uh, no clue what to do then.

4. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

https://forum.thd.vg/threads/petition-to-revert-back-to-old-trap-block-mechanics.23952/
    https://forum.thd.vg/threads/make-trap-blocks-easier-to-break.25037/
    https://forum.thd.vg/threads/how-trap-blocks-should-work.24292/

I'm sure you could come up with a change that doesnt fit those categories. My personally one was to add oldnew trapblocks into the game as a false wall costing somewhere around 10-20 stone and then have these trapblocks work as downward facing platforms for the enemy and solid blocks for the team-mate.
    Saw-pits are a good thing and a good trap. They are also very weak against shitter knights. One bomb could destroy the solid stone block to the side and then a knight could slash to death an expensive saw. UWOTM8. That isnt how the game should work :C. This trap you speak of would still be weak at the end right? And it would be completely rekt if they get in right?

Mods: Rainbows