1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Devlog Trench Run Trench Run Steam Release

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

It’s finally here folks!

If you’ve been waiting for “more players”, the wait is over. Trench Run debuts on Steam today! Get it on the Steam Store Page with a 10% launch discount! Alternatively, if you buy direct, we’ll send you a steam key as soon as we can (and you can play with the steam players in the meantime).

[​IMG]

If you like the game, please consider leaving a positive review on steam, or sharing the news with friends; it really helps us out!

[​IMG]

For music lovers, the game’s soundtrack by Paul Zimmerman of Sounds for Pixels is also available for purchase over on Bandcamp for 4 euros or more! Included are bonus tracks and high quality mp3 and flac downloads!

Features, for the Unfamiliar:

• Unique team-based “Run” mode for 2-10 players
    • Free-for-all Skirmish mode for 1-4 players (perfect for a fun evening with friends)
    • 5 classes with special skills to choose from (Assault, Sniper, Demolitions, Commando and Medic)
    • Semi-random destructible maps
    • Down on the ground? Grab a medikit and continue fighting!
    • Play basketball and meet new friends between rounds
    • Spend coins on drinks and cigarettes from the VIP bar
    • Buy unique costumes and pet animals
    • Online and Local couch-based multiplayer available
    • Designed to be easy to pick up and play, but deep enough to play seriously

See you at the Bar!

Max, Michał, and everyone at THD.

CowboyDan, franek123, Joiken and 13 others like this.
  2. thezteam7

thezteam7 Builder Stabber

I've waited for this game so long... :wink:

3. Achillios

Achillios Pilgrim
    1. Gather Oceania

*yay*
    I preordered this so I should get a Steam key??

(I don't have my pc available atm because of renovations, so I can't play it right now ;_;)

4. makmoud98

makmoud98 You are already DEAD Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

5. Lava

Lava Former Lag King Staff Alumni Donator Tester

Who did the voice over in the trailer ?

6. thezteam7

thezteam7 Builder Stabber

I am really intrigued by the soundtrack in this game...it is obviously way better than KAG. How did you go about making it?

Kinpump likes this.
  7. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

@thezteam7 We got a dedicated musician in for a much longer time, and worked with him much more directly making sure it fit the feel of the game and each biome. The soundtrack, I think, is one of the biggest successes of the game; as mentioned in the post you can pick it up on bandcamp quite easily :)

@Lavaguy678 a guy called Kyle Carter, same guy who did the voice for the KAG trailer.

VanHuek, Noburu and Lava like this.
  8. GreyHCK

GreyHCK Shark Slayer

waitin for da preorder keys fam

9. Bint

Bint Haxor

10. GreyHCK

GreyHCK Shark Slayer

oh i'm not supposed to receive the keys automatically via email?

_Cuffs_ likes this.
  11. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

No, did anyone ever from THD team said something like that?

12. GreyHCK

GreyHCK Shark Slayer

actually don't remember, but as the downloads and stuff were notified via mail i thought that maybe i had to receive another one. Well the more u kno
    ---
    also looks like i haven't read properly the whole thread am i stoopid

13. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

Haven't tried yet, been a bit busy but is it possible to play TR without steam (but still with a preorder code), just as the standalone launcher for kag does.

14. Achillios

Achillios Pilgrim
    1. Gather Oceania

It should work fine. If I'm correct, it should use the same servers for online play. It would make no sense for thd to suddenly make all non steam versions of the game inoperative.

SirDangalang likes this.
  15. AvadaKedav

AvadaKedav Bison Rider Staff Alumni Donator

You can get it out of steam how?

16. Achillios

Achillios Pilgrim
    1. Gather Oceania

If you pre-ordered it you could use a code to download the 'alpha' version through the trench run website. Now that the alpha stage is over, you can buy it through steam (mind you there are still lots of stuff being improved and added).
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 10, 2016, Original Post Date: Apr 10, 2016 ---
    go to the trench run website:
    Screen Shot 2016-04-10 at 4.13.20 PM.png
    Then go to check out and compete the purchase. Upon buying the game an email will be sent to the address that is linked to either paypal or amazon containing the game code:
    Screen Shot 2016-04-10 at 4.14.26 PM.png
    Information on how to redeem your code is in the email.
    ::P:

Noburu, Geti and SirDangalang like this.
  17. an_obamanation

an_obamanation The boss Donator

Trench run more like Wrench fun. Also why is Trench Run only 7 bucks when KAG is 10 bucks, and will KAG start to get more attention or will attention still be more Trench Run based?

18. BarsukEughen555

BarsukEughen555 Ballista Bolt Thrower

the feeling when you didn't had the game bought/presented/anything else but still get in trailer of that game.
    REKT

Geti and SirDangalang like this.
  19. Geti

Basically "game pricing is complicated" - there's a lot of political and practical reasons why the price is a little lower. KAG Will continue to get the same attention for the moment.

:thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up:

20. an_obamanation

an_obamanation The boss Donator

Well then i'll just assume that the reason it's 3 bucks lower is sort of as a launch sale type thing, something so the lowered price will engage more interest into trench run and thus KAG. You sneaky bastard =>