1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG Tried installing KAG on my new comp. Help :(

Discussion in 'Help' started by FOVAN, Sep 2, 2014.

Mods: makmoud98, Mazey
  1. FOVAN

FOVAN Catapult Fodder

So I tried installing KAG on my new iMac and I've got everything going fine through steam, game launched, logged in as my KAG account FOVAN. Then when I try to join servers, it disconnects me and gives me this message:
    Screen Shot 2014-09-01 at 11.04.11 PM.png

If anybody could help, I'd really appreciate it <3

2. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

Hmmmm, Ive got a mac and when I bought my game I had to do something on the forums. Idk anything about Steam though.

3. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Might it be something regarding to Steam not recognizing your account at a new pc?

4. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Are you sure your username isn't something different? Your blue name on the forums suggests that might be the case. Blue name means you aren't a premium member, so FOVAN probably isn't your username.

5. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

I checked your account. The account "FOVAN" isn't premium. KAG's release version is premium only. You can still play classic though, which you can download from kag2d.com.

Pizza likes this.
  6. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

How did he get the steam version if he had no code of it :huh?:

7. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Maybe he added classic to his library, how am I supposed to know? The account name he provided isn't premium, anyway.

Pizza likes this.
  8. UnnamedPlayer

UnnamedPlayer Arsenist Administrator Global Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

The API is not reliable for steam accounts, it often report them as non premium, which probably is why FOVAN appears as such.

@FOVAN have you tried connecting from the standalone launcher instead of using steam?

PinXviiN likes this.
  9. FOVAN

FOVAN Catapult Fodder

Wow much thanks for the reply guys- I'm not completely sure what you mean by premium? I've been playing KAG for a good few months and paid for what I understand was the full version. (Been playing online with others in modded servers/official etc.)

Maybe I did just forget exactly what the username I should use to sign in was? How would I find out if my forum username and my KAG Login name differ?

Much thanks friends!

10. UnnamedPlayer

UnnamedPlayer Arsenist Administrator Global Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

They were questioning if you bought the game because usually people who did appear with a golden name on forums. But due a bug the API sometimes reports steam players as non-premium (aka people who haven't bought the game).

If you made a new account to use the forums (by going to kag2d.com and making a free account), you wont be able to log in the game using it.
    When you join the game and press TAB, your account name appear on a column next to your display name under 'User' (see below)
    [​IMG]

If your username was other then FOVAN, then try using it to log in. If it was FOVAN, than try contacting kag support at support@kag2d.com.

Mods: makmoud98, Mazey