1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Trophy/Earned title suggestions

Discussion in 'Forum, wiki and other THD pages' started by Shadlington, Feb 9, 2012.

Mods: dnmr, Kazaco97
  1. One

One I got 99 problems and my name is One Donator Tester

So I say that the idea of getting likes shouldn't effect what we post and you take all my likes away. I think this is the second time you have used your admin powers on me for no good reason.
    Like when you deleted 30 posts (including mine) since you we're to lazy to see which ones were offtopic.
    I don't get you kouji. And it's not even the fact that you took away my likes, it's the fact that you fucked around with my profile because you did not understand what I was saying.

bunnie and inactive_account like this.
  2. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

so that means you have not reached the 1:2 ratio? :p

3. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

i'm close damnit!

4. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

kk, what you say and what you want are obviously two different things. Obviously you don't need likes since it doesn't affect what you are going to post.

I simply removed them from people who were complaining and obviously caring too much about likes. If they are unimportant to you, who cares? No one, but noooooooooooooooooooo, you just have to input your opinion on everything. The only people who needed to go speak up were the people who had a specific problem with the trophies like the ratio is too high, or maybe they should have a different name/description. If you want to complain about "how likes are stupid" go to Reddit or Tumblr.

Also:
    Yeah, like your post was sooooooooo important that it had to stay, it's clearly more important than removing a flame war. It's almost like there are some things that have higher priority, and oh man, it's not like I can just put them back later, after the bigger issue is settled. Nope, you are clearly too important and everything you say must stay.

Anyways, if you want to continue complaining about how butthurt you are, send a PM to me and Furai/Shadlington in the conversation.

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Sicarii Donator
    1. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

lol, everyone is sue maide

Kouji and Rayne like this.
  6. lavalord

lavalord Haxor Staff Alumni Donator Tester

Porque no los dos!

7. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Looks like I'm removing some people's ability to like. Permanently.

bunnie and amgtree like this.
  8. -Tj-

-Tj- Sicarii Donator
    1. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

all this non-sence because of a few people and there mouths....so sue maide these people.

9. rocker2

rocker2 Ballista Bolt Thrower
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

By strike again, you must mean 9 months ago? =3

I actually do have a problem with all this like spam - the whole point of likes is that they're meant to show what you actually "like," not to lengthen one's e-peen. That said, I agree with FBB's decision to remove their liking capabilities permanently.

10. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

As of now I have removed the entire forum's capacity to like profile posts.

This is to stop the like farming that has been happening in the background for some time now. If the people involved want to garner likes & obtain the relevant trophies they will simply have to contribute to the forums like the rest of us. EoD.

bunnie, Iamaclay, dnmr and 2 others like this.
  11. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

I totally understand this but shouldn't be imo.
    They'll basicly go to User -> Posts and like them //Edit: Or like all the posts of a page of a tread, basicly the same as profile spam
    Remove likes in general or don't remove likes

inactive_account likes this.
  12. FuzzyBlueBaron

Oh, and for the same reason I have also removed the capacity to like posts from the Spamcan. If people want to get likes they can contribute to the community.

Mazey, I get where you're coming from but the fact is that likes do serve a purpose and hence aught to be kept if we can possibly manage it. My aim is to stop up obvious loopholes that allow people to farm likes and artificially inflate their count. I'm sure I haven't gotten them all yet, but I'm getting there.

Gofio, Lieber, lavalord and 2 others like this.
  13. but likes dont matter either way, why do you care then

Digger101 and Kouji like this.
  14. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Drafiks in charge of understanding the nuances of sarcasm and parody.

Take the whole Like discussion else where if it's such a big deal. This thread is for discussing possible trophies and user titles. Next person to complain about likes will be banned for at least a week if not a month.

15. ZeldaMarioDude

ZeldaMarioDude Tree Planter

100 points for donating 50USD :troll: . And when someone reached 5,000 likes make an achievement: [TheAchiever'sUsername] was first or something like that.

16. Alpaca

Alpaca Haxor

Contrary already has 5084 likes, so no, they would not be first.

E: oh wait, did you mean put the name of the first person who achieved that? Because I'm pretty sure they already have a "Contrary was first" achievement, and all the like based ones after it would be named the same thing.

17. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

>mfw no BlueLuigi was first achievement
    Also should be a Like-a-maniac award for Like:Post ratio of 20:1 or above.

18. Kouji

@ZeldaMarioDude : Actually all the like trophies past 1000 and 2:1 post to like ratio have Contrary's name in them. I don't really want to boost @Contrary ego anymore than that because he's such a terrible person, so it's unlikely that I'll add it for now. See: https://forum.kag2d.com/help/trophies
    Might do it later when more people are closer. As of now, only me, Blue and Geti have broken past 4k and nearing 5k although it'll probably only be worth 125 points or might even go down in how many points you get for it (maybe around 50) since the gap between people who posted a lot/have a large amount of likes is fairly obvious.

Although you were kidding with the Donation Trophy, we do already have one you know; It's worth 10 points + those people get a ribbon and the ability to change their user title.

@BlueLuigi done.

Joiken, Noburu, Neat and 1 other person like this.
Mods: dnmr, Kazaco97