1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Tunnel usage improvement

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by tru0067, Dec 23, 2014.

?

Do you want to see this tunnel improvement?

1. Yes

85.7%
  2. No

14.3%
Mods: Rainbows
  1. tru0067

tru0067 Ballista Bolt Thrower Tester

As it currently is, having more tunnels (I refer to the instant teleport workshop) means that you take longer getting to your destination as you have to pick which one you go to. This also means that charging a slash/double slash and then teleporting so that you surprise the enemy becomes much harder (almost impossible for me).

To resolve this I propose that when you tap your use key (default e I believe) you instantly go to the furthest tunnel from YOU (not from spawn as this would mean being at the furthest tunnel means you go nowhere). If you want to go to a specific tunnels, you need only hold your use key and pick it from your options.

2. Vermilicious

Vermilicious Ballista Bolt Thrower

It's definitely a down side to having more than two. I think your suggestion is alright, but only for CTF mode.

J-man2003 and DatNobby like this.
  3. swagbot

swagbot Shopkeep Stealer

I think this is a great idea, I just wonder if that nuance will be lost on the general community.

Why only CTF?

4. Vermilicious

Vermilicious Ballista Bolt Thrower

Because in TTH, it doesn't necessarily make sense to make the furthest possible travel default. I've experienced many times that halls in-between have been captured by the enemy. Sometimes the teams even switch sides completely. Those things doesn't happen in CTF.

Edit: Urrr.. TTH doesn't have tunnels does it. My bad. I haven't played the official modes much lately.

5. zampanothechimera

zampanothechimera Shopkeep Stealer

ok well it takes away from the overall aspect of the tunnel of you just kind off teleport but i like it

6. H3llO

H3llO Shopkeep Stealer

good intention but, not so well thought through solution. The furthest tunnel will always be the same, same goes for the closest tunnel. What if the enemy attacks a middle placed tunnel. What happens if multiple tunnels share the exact same distance to a another tunnel?

Preferably, clockwise teleporting for blue team. anti clockwise for red team.

J-man2003, SirDangalang and norill like this.
  7. swagbot

swagbot Shopkeep Stealer

No it doesn't have tunnels, but it still has a travel system, and one that would benefit from this idea, albeit less than CTF would benefit from it. As you said the progression isn't that linear in TTH, but on the off chance that the furthest hall is being capped, you can easily charge your slash and travel without having to be bothered with selecting a hall

Clockwise and counterclockwise is an interesting idea. Tap E a few times to travel to the tunnel before the one that's being attacked, charge slash, tap E again, rek.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2014
    Vermilicious likes this.
  8. zampanothechimera

zampanothechimera Shopkeep Stealer

what about like a keybinding length so mabey..
    << all left <1 left >right >> right

Last edited: Dec 26, 2014
    swagbot likes this.
  9. 101i

101i Haxor Forum Moderator Tester

I think you should need 2 press quick time events when going through the tunnel, just my opinion.

10. tru0067

tru0067 Ballista Bolt Thrower Tester

Nice suggestion! I'd be cool with that. It does solve the problem of middle tunnels being attacked quite nicely.

Mods: Rainbows