1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[Tutorial] Famous character sprites

Discussion in 'Modding [KAG Classic]' started by Areo, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Areo

Areo much doge so swag wow
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

Alright if you clicked this thread , You're most likely looking for an answer to ''Famous Character'' Related sprites
    1.Go on Google images
    2.Look up [Insert character here] Sprite sheet
    3.Get the sprites , Open it on whatever you use
    Now replace the appropriate actions with the appropriate frames on the Knight sprite sheet/Archer/Builder whatever you need.
    (If your having troubles with the final step , I will continue it with detail , Open up KAG > Base > Sprites > KnightMale , Now get your sprites , and if Your Character is running/Fighting place that in the Running/Fighting , If hes punching/Slashing/Kicking , Place that in the slashing socket for knight)
    If you want the sprites in a KAG related sort , You should try spriting , or find something as similar as you can and add on to it.
    Here are suggested programs
    Paint.Net (Transperacy):http://www.getpaint.net/
    Gimp(Another editing with Transperacy):http://www.gimp.org/
    And Rayne's Friends Spriting Tut: (If you plan spriting it yourself)
    You MUST have a 32x32
    And if you decide to do it yourself , Here are rules and tips also try the Tutorials above! ^
    Now , I'm Sorry if this didnt help you on a specific sprite of kag
    But , Plenty of tips:
    Get a picture of the character , If your editing him on Kag style
    Practice!
    Don't sweat the colors! , Use varieties , But make sure it looks right!
    Maybe ask friends for help?
    Have fun doing this! , You may get into Sprites!

2. MechaTrickster

MechaTrickster Banned Donator

The spritesheet has to use 32x32 cels for now because classes don't have their own configs like actors, also this belongs in the Texture Packs subsection.

3. Areo

1. Thank you , i will edit that in
    2. I forgot to click ''Texture packs'' Before i created this thread.

4. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Not going to shut this down or anything but just a word to anyone reading this: this 'tutorial' is not likely to help you.

You should not try to splice in sprites from google. Not only will the vast majority of them not fit, even if they do they won't be in the right style.

You should be very careful about what colours you use. I really recommend sticking to KAG palette so that your sprites won't clash horribly with the vanilla sprites. Plus, the default ramps are pretty good for the most part unlike what a lot of people are likely to come up with on their own.

5. Areo

Im fine , If it dosent help , it Should be closed.

6. 00crossfire

00crossfire Shopkeep Stealer

thanks for the imfo heres what i did buildermale.png knightMale.png MaleHeads.png wow this came out bigger than i thought