1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Ubuntu 12.04 64-bit - No sound

Discussion in 'General Help' started by NightsideEclipse, Sep 8, 2012.

1. NightsideEclipse

NightsideEclipse Catapult Fodder

I've tried all the fixes suggested in these threads and all related, but none are successful. lib32asound2-dev is already installed, updating to irrKlang 1.4.0 does nothing, and creating/modifying symbolic links breaks sound in Wine and 32-bit applications but does nothing for KAG.

I noticed this in the terminal output which was not included in the console log.
    Code:
    ALSA lib ../../src/dlmisc.c:254:(snd1_dlobj_cache_get) Cannot open shared library /usr/lib32/alsa-lib/libasound_module_pcm_pulse.so
    Error opening PCM device for ALSA
    No streaming was specified, but forcing to play sound streamed (See ISoundSource::setForcedStreamingThreshold): Sounds/Music/ambient_cavern.ogg
    No streaming was specified, but forcing to play sound streamed (See ISoundSource::setForcedStreamingThreshold): Sounds/Music/ambient_forrest.ogg
    No streaming was specified, but forcing to play sound streamed (See ISoundSource::setForcedStreamingThreshold): Sounds/Music/ambient_mountain.ogg
    No streaming was specified, but forcing to play sound streamed (See ISoundSource::setForcedStreamingThreshold): Sounds/Music/world_intro.ogg
    There is no such file in that directory. Creating a symbolic link or copying the file results in the same message. Killing pulseaudio does nothing for KAG, nor does running KAG after a fresh restart.

Any help would be appreciated! :)

2. Natbron

Natbron Builder Stabber

It's been the same way for me. I've done all the suggested fixes. I just listen to music now though :(

3. ksimon

ksimon Catapult Fodder

Same problem for me...

4. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

try downloading lib32 if you didnt and try downloading
    lib64asound-dev
    lib32asound2
    lib64asound2
    libasound2
    libasound2-plugins

5. kaizokuroof

kaizokuroof Agkubuk|'Kaizokuroof' Cilobakil, Roofpointy Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

Because you've already installed the needed libraries, you'll probably only need to link the files with the command:

Code:
    sudo ln -s /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/alsa-lib /usr/lib32

6. link6155

link6155 Haxor Staff Alumni Tester Official Server Admin
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

do what mazey said, it worked for me on Elementary OS (which is based on Ubuntu). If all fails, you can run the Windows version of KAG in wine, it'll have sound and work fully, only problem is you can't play single player.