1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Ubuntu 14.04 Error

Discussion in 'General Help' started by fernandozhs, Jun 11, 2014.

1. fernandozhs

fernandozhs Catapult Fodder

Hello everyone,

I've downloaded KAG recently and have been having a hard time trying to run it on my 64-bit Ubuntu 14.04. After a while I was able to implement the needed 32-bit libraries and the game's main window was finally openning and updating the files. But for my surprise and frustration, when I click on the button "Play", I get this weird error messages on my console. Below is an excerpt of this long error message, which basically repeats itself until reaching this end part.

I would really appreciate if anyone could help me solve this problem.

Thank you!

Code:
    (...)
    [19:55:43] PNG warning: Application was compiled with png.h from libpng-1.5.5
    [19:55:43] PNG warning: Application  is  running with png.c from libpng-1.2.50
    [19:55:43] PNG fatal error: Incompatible libpng version in application and library
    [19:55:43] LOAD PNG: Internal PNG create read struct failure
    : /home/fernandozhs/Downloads/kagbeta-linux32-client/Base/GUI/Fonts/commodore.png
    [19:55:43] Could not load console font 'GUI/Fonts/commodore.png'
    irrKlang sound library version 1.4.0
    Could not load libasound.so
    [19:55:43] Sound engine started
    [19:55:43] Precaching files...
    Precaching files.
    [19:55:43]  ...Precaching files.
    Game version 1120
    [19:55:43] Initializing Game Script
    [19:55:43] ############ GAMEMODE Challenge
    [19:55:43] New track added to mixer Sounds/Music/world_intro.ogg
    Segmentation fault (core dumped)

2. fernandozhs

fernandozhs Catapult Fodder

Sorry guys, I just realized that this problem was solved on a topic a further below on the topics list. I am still having problems with the sound though, even after installing libasound.so