1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG Unable to connect to any server

Discussion in 'Help' started by mhooo, Aug 4, 2013.

Mods: makmoud98, Mazey
  1. mhooo

mhooo Catapult Fodder

Hey everybody,

I purchased the game on desura, but for some reason I am unable to connect to any server. Neither from Linux, nor from Windows. I always get the message "disconnected from server" before I even join the game.

Any help on this?

Kind regards,
    MHOOO

2. Jlordo

Jlordo Nobody Donator

Is your ping okay? You mights have been ping kicked. Sort the Server browser by ping, and see if you can connect to the first server. Most servers have ping kick at around 500.

3. mhooo

mhooo Catapult Fodder

My ping should be fine: the vertical bars displayed at the right side to the server are green. I've tried it numerous times already with every server available, so I don't really believe its a ping issue. I've definitely tried the EU server (I'm from germany), but its always the same: I don't even get into the game.

4. Jlordo

Jlordo Nobody Donator

Welp. I'm out of ideas. You'll have to wait for someone more techy then me, which shouldn't be long with this community.

5. Tylda

Tylda Shopkeep Stealer

Check engine console after being kicked. It will give you some info. screenshot would be nice.

6. kaizokuroof

kaizokuroof Agkubuk|'Kaizokuroof' Cilobakil, Roofpointy Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

Can you can also supply your log files, located in %Directory to King arthur's Gold%/Logs/Console%date and time%

or for a cleaner looking file path KAB/Logs/%console of todays date and time%

You can also try to reinstall or repatch the game, by completing the following:

In root directory of your King Arhtur's Gold Folder;

- Delete Base/Scripts

- Delete Base/Rules

- Delete Base/Sprites

- Delete Base/Entities

- Delete App/Version.txt

- Delete Cache/* (everything in cache)

Then launch the game again :)

7. mhooo

mhooo Catapult Fodder

I've attached the console log of today. The generated .txt file inside the Logs dir did not contain everything though. The console from where I started the game, printed out:
    Lag 4
    Lag 2
    Lag 2
    Lag 2
    while connecting.

Still can't connect. As for the screenshot: should I make one of the server browser? 'Cause that's all I get to see. No "engine console" anywhere. Maybe I need to press a key for that?
    Re-patching the game by removing the folders did not work either unfortunately.

Kind regards & thanks for the help,
    MHOOO

Attached Files:

8. Livesparkk

Livesparkk Ballista Bolt Thrower

Just Delete version.txt . All you need to do. The game thinks its updated when its not, but the servers know your not running the same version as its running,( I think :D) so deleting version.txt forces it to update. Version.txt is found under the app folder in the games folder. Hope this helps :3

Mods: makmoud98, Mazey