1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Linux Unable to run game in fedora?

Discussion in 'Help' started by miniswrider, Nov 25, 2015.

Mods: makmoud98, Mazey
  1. miniswrider

miniswrider Bison Rider

This is the copy-pasted output

[noyoudontneedtoknowwhatinamedmycomputer New Directory]$ ./rungame.sh
    Running KAG
    mv: cannot stat ‘KAG.tmp’: No such file or directory
    ln: failed to create symbolic link ‘libpng15.so.15’: File exists
    ln: failed to create symbolic link ‘libpng15.so’: File exists
    ln: failed to create symbolic link ‘libpng.so’: File exists
    ln: failed to create symbolic link ‘libpng.la’: File exists
    ln: failed to create symbolic link ‘libfreetype.so.6’: File exists
    ln: failed to create symbolic link ‘libfreetype.so’: File exists
    Library Path: /home/tiocybot/Desktop/gamesnshit/New Directory/lib
    linux-gate.so.1 (0xf771a000)
    librt.so.1 => /lib/librt.so.1 (0xf76f3000)
    libdl.so.2 => /lib/libdl.so.2 (0xf76ee000)
    libGL.so.1 => not found
    libXxf86vm.so.1 => not found
    libXext.so.6 => not found
    libX11.so.6 => not found
    libfreetype.so.6 => /home/tiocybot/Desktop/gamesnshit/New Directory/lib/libfreetype.so.6 (0xf763e000)
    libstdc++.so.6 => not found
    libm.so.6 => /lib/libm.so.6 (0xf75f0000)
    libgcc_s.so.1 => not found
    libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6 (0xf7422000)
    libpthread.so.0 => /lib/libpthread.so.0 (0xf7405000)
    /lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0x565eb000)
    libz.so.1 => not found
    ./KAG: error while loading shared libraries: libGL.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

2. makmoud98

makmoud98 You are already DEAD Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

You posted in the wrong forum so I moved your thread. The one you posted in was only for trench run. Anyway, all you need to do is install a few libraries to get kag running.
    Check your foreign architectures:
    Code:
    sudo dpkg --print-foreign-architectures
    If i386 is not present:
    Code:
    sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386
    Update your package list:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update
    Install 32-bit libraries required for KAG:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install libc6:i386 libstdc++6:i386 libglapi-mesa:i386 libgl1-mesa-glx:i386 libxxf86vm1:i386 libxext6:i386 libx11-6:i386 libfreetype6:i386 libgcc1-dbg:i386 libxdamage1:i386 libxfixes3:i386 libx11-xcb1:i386 libxcb-glx0:i386 libxcb-dri2-0:i386 libxcb1:i386  libdrm2:i386 libxdmcp6:i386
    this information was pulled from the wiki page. https://wiki.kag2d.com/wiki/Server

3. miniswrider

miniswrider Bison Rider

fedora uses yum and dnf. Also, the packages were not found.
    Output:
    [imnotgoingtotellyoumycomputer'sname New Directory]$ sudo dnf install libc6:i386 libstdc++6:i386 libglapi-mesa:i386 libgl1-mesa-glx:i386 libxxf86vm1:i386 libxext6:i386 libx11-6:i386 libfreetype6:i386 libgcc1-dbg:i386 libxdamage1:i386 libxfixes3:i386 libx11-xcb1:i386 libxcb-glx0:i386 libxcb-dri2-0:i386 libxcb1:i386 libdrm2:i386 libxdmcp6:i386
    Last metadata expiration check performed 2:50:41 ago on Wed Nov 25 12:50:44 2015.
    No package libc6:i386 available.
    No package libstdc++6:i386 available.
    No package libglapi-mesa:i386 available.
    No package libgl1-mesa-glx:i386 available.
    No package libxxf86vm1:i386 available.
    No package libxext6:i386 available.
    No package libx11-6:i386 available.
    No package libfreetype6:i386 available.
    No package libgcc1-dbg:i386 available.
    No package libxdamage1:i386 available.
    No package libxfixes3:i386 available.
    No package libx11-xcb1:i386 available.
    No package libxcb-glx0:i386 available.
    No package libxcb-dri2-0:i386 available.
    No package libxcb1:i386 available.
    No package libdrm2:i386 available.
    No package libxdmcp6:i386 available.
    Error: Unable to find a match.

4. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Honestly dont know the yum syntax for asking for 32 bit packages, but i'd be very surprised if they didn't have a 32bit libc and libx11 available.

Basically looks like mismatched architecture -> missing 32 bit libs. There is no 64 bit version of KAG available, nor will there be unfortunately.

(You can also change your terminal prompt so you dont have to keep masking your presumably embarrassing hostname)

5. Verrazano

Verrazano Flat Chested Haggy Old Souless Witchy Witch Witch THD Team Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. Practitioners of War Extreme Revolution - POWER

I don't run fedora or a distribution that uses yum. You'd have to explore and figure out what the actual package names are on your own. The original problem (for other linux users) was that KAG uses old 32-bit versions of library the most important of these being libpng. This was fixed later by all the libraries being included with the game package and linked in the run script. However if these libraries don't match for your distribution they will fail like you are seeing.

Basically if you want this to work, you will need to download all the multi arch 32-bit versions of these libraries. Then put them in the lib folder contained in the kag base folder and modify the rungame script to use the correct libraries. I would recommend modifying the run script to not use any libraries from the lib and see which ones it crashes on (most likely libpng15, start by updating this one first it should fix it).

If you can get it to work after that, it'd be very helpful if you could post the steps to fix here. Sorry for the in convenience.

tl;dr what geti ninja'd

6. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

A bit of searching on the net and I found that http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/57863/how-to-run-32-bit-programs-on-64-bit-fedora-17
    This basically shows how to install 32 bit libraries for Fedora. They call 32-bit architecture a bit different than Ubuntu/Debian likes.

So you should probably do something like:
    Code:
     sudo yum install libc6.i686 libstdc++6.i686 libglapi-mesa.i686 libgl1-mesa-glx.i686 libxxf86vm1.i686 libxext6.i686 libx11-6.i686 libfreetype6.i686 libgcc1-dbg.i686 libxdamage1.i686 libxfixes3.i686 libx11-xcb1.i686 libxcb-glx0.i686 libxcb-dri2-0.i686 libxcb1.i686  libdrm2.i686 libxdmcp6.i686
    Warning: package names might be different in Fedora.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
  7. miniswrider

miniswrider Bison Rider

found this when looking for one of the packages for fedora:
    http://superuser.com/questions/491504/how-do-i-install-package-libc6-dev-i386-on-fedora
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 25, 2015, Original Post Date: Nov 25, 2015 ---
    If somebody could tell me what the names of the packages are on Fedora, I would give them some free gratitude
    I do believe it would be nice if you made a python version so that it could be run on any computer with python. Here's a link on protecting the code if anybody wants it.
    https://wiki.python.org/moin/Asking for Help/How do you protect Python source code?

Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
  8. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Look, If you've got a simple way to port hundreds of thousands of lines of C++ source and libraries to python I'd love to hear it. If not, please dont make those kind of suggestions.

9. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

The link I've provided has shown you the way how to search for the missing libraries. If you're really unable to do anything like that - then I'm willing to help you via TeamViewer.

10. acridstone

acridstone Horde Gibber

The dependencies issue was fixed for him after he installed the "cinnamon.x86_64" package — common dependencies plus what he already tried. He's too lazy to post the solution. How do I know this? He's sitting right behind me and said so himself.

Additional problem: The sound does not work, even after installing the "alsa-lib.i686" and "alsa-lib-devel.i686" packages.
    I can confirm that I have the libasound 32bit libraries:
    Code:
     acridstone  ~  kag   ll /usr/lib/*asound*
    lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root      19 Nov 26 19:45 /usr/lib/lib32asound.so.2 -> /lib/libasound.so.2
    -rw-r--r--. 1 root root 1857720 Oct  8  2010 /usr/lib/libasound.a
    -rw-r--r--. 1 root root     968 Oct  8  2010 /usr/lib/libasound.la
    lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root      24 Jun 16 19:12 /usr/lib/libasound.so -> ../../lib/libasound.so.2
    lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root      18 Oct  8  2010 /usr/lib/libasound.so.2 -> libasound.so.2.0.0
    -rw-r--r--. 1 root root  939392 Oct  8  2010 /usr/lib/libasound.so.2.0.0

The console log doesn't report anything related to sound except for
    Code:
    [22:41:15] Sound engine started" 

11. Geti

If you're running something other than alsa, that might have something to do with it. @Verrazano has some experience with the sound stuff on linux so I'll leave it to him.

12. acridstone

acridstone Horde Gibber

That's not it; aplay works fine.

13. miniswrider

miniswrider Bison Rider

I can concur with acridstone on what he said; I was using enlightenment and gnome but when i started to use cinnamon KAG started working for some reason, exept for the sound. Should i rename this thread?

14. acridstone

acridstone Horde Gibber

Assuming his sound is working, perhaps @Verrazano can provide me with his relevant alsa library and its path, just to be sure.

15. Verrazano

Verrazano Flat Chested Haggy Old Souless Witchy Witch Witch THD Team Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. Practitioners of War Extreme Revolution - POWER

I'm running pulse, which has some serious issues, alsa has always had sound issues for me especially with collapses. I'm not entirely sold that it's drivers, but I haven't done to much research into it either.

16. acridstone

acridstone Horde Gibber

I got the sound to work.
    Code:
    # first change into kag directory
    sudo dnf reinstall -y alsa-lib-1.0.29-2.fc23.i686 && \ # I reinstalled the alsa libraries.
    cd lib && \
    ln -s /lib/libasound.so.2.0.0 ./libasound.so.2 && \ # I linked this library to kag's lib directory
    ln -s /lib/libasound.so.2.0.0 ../libasound.so.2 && \ # and kag's root directory.
    sudo systemctl start alsa-restore.service # Then, I started this service.
    I suspect I took unnecessary steps, but I'm too lazy to distill this solution further.
    I tried "libasound.so.2" because I found this string when I searched for "asound" in "libIrrKlang.so".

Last edited: Nov 30, 2015
    makmoud98 and Geti like this.
  17. miniswrider

miniswrider Bison Rider

It appears my brother forgot to mention that
    alsa-plugins-pulseaudio.x86_64 (Alsa to PulseAudio backend) and
    alsa-plugins-pulseaudio.i686 (Alsa to PulseAudio backend)
    need to be installed for it to work.

Mods: makmoud98, Mazey