1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Unofficial Multiplayer zombies release

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chaoticredux, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Chaoticredux

Chaoticredux Shopkeep Stealer

So a fair amount of us have been playing MZombies. post thoughts & opinions on it :) , me personally my favorite thing to do is to kill the migrants , carry their body into a stone cell and seal it so i have zombie pets/hotel.

2. knightl

knightl Base Burner

3. dnmr

dnmr Ministry of ban Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

4. knightl

knightl Base Burner

wouldn't it make more sense for this to be in the zombie discussion sub forum in premium forums?

5. Chaoticredux

No we want free members to drool over the things they are missing out on, back on topic please :)

Cirom, Dark_Ham and amuffinattack like this.
  6. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

The server I was on had non premiums in it...

7. GrimWaltz

GrimWaltz Shopkeep Stealer

Although laggy, buggy, and still just a test, I really did have fun so far! Just making me even more hyped up for the real Multiplayer to be released! :p Although our migrant was kind of being a retard. "Hello"

The first time I heard him pop up I went: "OMG WTF WAS THAT" :p
    But after 15 minutes "Hello" I was ready to bury him myself...
    I do love his voice though. :p

Unfortunately ours got killed every time and as a new migrant spawned, I laughed as the zombies came running at him while the new migrant was walking over the bodies of his fellow fallen migrants. :p

Then the game crashed... XD

8. FliesLikeABrick

FliesLikeABrick THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Just a general note -

When playing MP zombies as it is now and talking to other people about it, please bear in mind that it is not officially released and should be regarded as in testing/experimental. If any of you are running servers for MP zombies right now, we would appreciate it if you added something to your server description saying "Experimental/buggy" just to set peoples' expectations - since other people who aren't as involved in the forums/community may not know that it is not yet really done/released.

That is all :)

9. Chaoticredux

Those are bots, the migrants that start out with you in the beginning of the game.

10. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

I hope when it is officially released they add a way for dead players to take control of unclaimed migrants. As it is, you cannot join a game already in progress.

Cirom and LetsplayCmansez like this.
  11. GrimWaltz

I'm sure in the official multiplayer that will be worked out. Because playing zombies, then dying and having to watch the entire resistance to be able to play again... Is time consuming, so I doubt the dev's will leave it in like that. :p

12. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

I realize, but felt like I had to bring it up in case they took a hard stance on the permadeath mechanic.

You gotta understand there isn't much point to the existing zombies mode; there are no incentives to explore or expand, there are no win conditions, the only thing that matters is how long you survive. Respawning would circumvent this.

13. Worm

Worm Derpship Commander Donator

I think most servers will be private, since in public ones will be campers, griefers, kidvoters (when die - VOTE NEXT MAP!) etc.

Cirom likes this.
  14. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

I though think that the server sizes will be around 4-16 players. Maybe with a few expectations, but I'd imagine it'll be the funniest with only a few players.

GrimWaltz and Worm like this.
  15. GrimWaltz

Yeah something you go in with, with only a few players. Working with each other. A sort of team building session... Something KAG really needs :p

Hoj likes this.
  16. Hoj

Hoj Builder Stabber

Multiplayer zombies is a lot of fun so far played a few games. The migrant bot has a few glitches where he gets stuck next to beds. After he gets stuck there he'll keep repeating" No no no no no..." over and over. One of the best ways to deal with that is just to kill them or build a wall so they can't come into the base. Sometimes blowing them up with bombs or kegs is amusing. You really have to work well with a team to go far with zombies. Otherwise you'll be waiting 15-30 minutes until the next game starts. Most of the servers that are running are very laggy. So don't get upset if the server kicks you off it's just a lag issue.

17. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

People are complaining about shit that hasn't even been released yet. oh kag forum

Cirom, One, dnmr and 2 others like this.
  18. amuffinattack

amuffinattack Bison Rider

There are lots of bugs for sure seeing as the game is in alpha and zombies isn't even "done" yet but over all I think its been great for everyone. I've had a blast playing with everyone testing things dungeon crawling and what not. The biggest issue hands down is the damned migrants! They leave ghost migrants when claimed that just hang out forever yelling "HALP HALP HALP HALP" over and over making you want to punch babies in the face.

19. Hoj

Hoj Builder Stabber

People will always point out flaws in games thats one of the reasons why you have a forum. I'm happy with the mode so far and i think its great.

20. synthesispandabot

synthesispandabot Bison Rider

thats sort of the reason it was released wasn't it?
    to get some extra development testers...