1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

US West server

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ShnitzelKiller, Jun 28, 2015.

1. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

Since Black Death is gone forever, so is their USW server, which means going back to 133 ping on all remaining US servers. Would it be possible for someone to host a west coast server, or for there to be at least one official one?

2. whisper_dan

whisper_dan Ballista Bolt Thrower

Signed I feel u bro.

3. Darknighte9

Darknighte9 Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. KAG Competitive League

Same. Black Death US West was the best thing since sliced bread.

whisper_dan likes this.
  4. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

it also seems as if the remaining US servers are way laggier than they've ever been in the past, with everyone teleporting and rubber banding as if I'm on an AUS server, yet the ping still reads 100-133. I've stopped playing since this is totally unplayable atm.

5. whisper_dan

Isn't a server like $10 a month?

Do I need to know scripting language, and will my server also constantly crash like every other KAG server constantly crashes?

KAG crashes so much that I have come to accept it as a part of the game. Sometimes it's like "can we pull this off before the server crashes?" And people are falling through the floors and stuff. Not mention client crashes.

Now that I think about it, soldat was the same way with client crashes.

6. Leo

Leo Haxor

Because they host who knows how many servers in one machine. You can NOT do that with kag since it's using only one core. My servers were in dedicated machines, I was giving each server two cores, just to be in safe side. With 8 cores I could host 4 servers at most in each machine. My servers were lag free because I know what the fuck I am doing and I do care about the clients. One time I tried a hoster, after 20 players there were a million lag messages in console. You have to find a guy that will pay 3 x 50 euros a month for 3 dedicated servers like I did. Good luck with that.

ShnitzelKiller, Andr01d, Tern and 2 others like this.
  7. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Depends on the quality you want, or the amount of slots if you host at a game server hoster
    no
    who knows, some people have these problems, others don't

8. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

About the crashes, he could possibly mean the "if this server doesn't stop consuming 300% CPU within 10 seconds, the server will automatically shut down" crashes that have been happening constantly.

9. Leo

Leo Haxor

There will be 2 BD servers in West Coast very soon, EU servers are back online, with an even better machine. Yeah, I am addicted to this....

10. Darknighte9

Leo I love you :heart::heart::heart:::):

11. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

Thank goodness, because so am I.

12. Kabouter123

Kabouter123 Catapult Fodder
    1. Ancient Gear - [AG#]

Leo I love you man. no homo

13. ShamWow-SuperRag

ShamWow-SuperRag zamn Donator Tester

Leo, I've never doubted you (Corny sentence power, GO!).

14. Leo

Leo Haxor

Servers online, in California. Have fun.

15. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

man, it seems really hard to get people to actually use the BD servers. People are sticking to US official despite them being horribly laggy and shutting down automatically due to low CPU cap. I tried seeding the USW server and it only got up to 10 players, then quickly died.

16. Leo

Leo Haxor

Give it some time :wink:
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 10, 2015, Original Post Date: Jul 10, 2015 ---
    Btw @ShnitzelKiller made you admin in USW servers. By checking the logs you seem a nice guy and I need a regular there. If you don't want to be admin or you have any problem with this just tell me and I'll remove you.

17. Tern

Tern Quickfish Donator Official Server Admin
    1. Zen - [Zen] - (Invite Only)

Two west coast servers and no east coast server? There aren't even enough west coast players to fill two servers if they were all on at the same time.

CowboyDan likes this.
  18. whisper_dan

[​IMG]

Darknighte9 likes this.
  19. Darknighte9

Maybe two U.S. West servers is too much but for a while it always seemed like Black Death West was being used more often while East was left empty.

20. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

Had it fill up and stay filled for a while today, that was a pretty fun series of games.