1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[WAR/CTF] WarBottom

Discussion in 'Maps' started by 8x, May 30, 2013.

1. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

It's basically a map where you need some lanterns and take/defend positions. Water should be used too, making some bubble spots from advancing when its all flooded. I made it thinking in old Icarnum maps and with the idea of having full darkness -that's for the next map, which will be pitch black, except from the spawn. It's too big for the current number of regular WAR players and it's maybe more appropiated for a CTF game. I also thought of addidng a limited number of gold blocks, like having max 250 - 300 gold for each team, so that you need yo use it wisely, similar to the Strathos Capitalsim game mode. That may be a good way to make WAR similar to classic CTF: only stone construction, military supplies and only 1 scroll more.
    WarBottom.png

Ah, i used the teams icons as you can see :B):.

Report if any bugs, and write some tweaks/modifications you would do.

lavalord, Froghead48 and Rayne like this.
  2. Froghead48

Froghead48 Haxor

Screens go
    screen-13-05-30-22-20-17.png screen-13-05-30-22-20-21.png screen-13-05-30-22-21-45.png screen-13-05-30-22-21-48.png screen-13-05-30-22-21-52.png screen-13-05-30-22-21-56.png

3. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

It seems you don't have issues with lighting. While I'm playing i see shadows irregulary -not everything that should be dark appears dark at the same time-, like there's some delay at processing them, or whatever, at single player.

4. Froghead48

Froghead48 Haxor

I was just posting those there for people to see what the map looked like. :P

5. Invaders

Invaders Shark Slayer

I don't mean to sound picky, but wouldn't the giant Bear give Red a huge defense advantage, just because of the dirt walls?

Froghead48 likes this.