1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Website Discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by poe, Jun 22, 2011.

1. poe

poe Shopkeep Stealer

Just for me to post what I've changed on the website.

6/22/11
    -Updated the user panel
    -Login is now a popup
    -Remember me added
    -Dsiqus comments removed
    -Can't change avatar
    -Added a custom made comment system

As for the new website, the layout is a WIP, I'd like some opinions. Keep in mind it's a sketch for the layout, not the actual graphics XD

http://kag2d.com/_newsitepreview/kagsite.PNG

I took some of the suggestions from the feedback and applied them. I feel I'm still missing something, any ideas?

2. poe

poe Shopkeep Stealer

Added a screenshot of where they revamp is going to the post.

3. poe

poe Shopkeep Stealer

Server stats is up again :)

4. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

I've got suggestion about users tab. Make it display on few pages. 30 users max per page and add some sorting functionality.

5. poe

poe Shopkeep Stealer

Already in the plans :) 30 seems like a good number, I hadn't thought of one before so thanks!

6. vig

vig KAG Guard Tester

you want kag forums to look like minecraft forums?

I would like to see what it would look like if actual game sprites would be used in the background.

7. poe

poe Shopkeep Stealer

Not the forums but the website. The forums will be skinned eventually though :)

8. vig

vig KAG Guard Tester

what's the website for?

getsatisfaction: reporting bugs (visited 2 times to check out what it was and be disappointed in the design)
    devblog: updates, development and getting the game. (visited many times to read about the development)
    forums: everything happens here (visited too many times)
    wiki: oversized tutorial (never visited)
    kag2d: ? (visited twice)

9. poe

poe Shopkeep Stealer

Eventually, for accounts, reserving an in-game nickname, server browsing, friends lists, ect.

10. JacKD

JacKD Guest

You should seriously make the screenshot a theme xDDD vig shares the same doubt I have about the website: it's purpose. Right now i don't think that anyone visits the site because everything that's important happens in other places.

In my opinion, you (and I mean ya'll) should try to merge everything to the main website. No more developer blog. Maybe a "blog" section *inside* the website. When people actually visit the site, and they bitch about it, you won't need to ask for feedback, you'll have more than you want xD

Anyways, i like the idea of making the website less dark and old... apart from that I really don't know what should I rescue from the mockup... the layout? same problem as before, it doesnt really matter if there's no purpose.

11. poe

poe Shopkeep Stealer

Good idea, I'd like to do that too. Not sure if MM would but I'll ask him :D It's purpose will come eventually lol

12. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

Downloads tab seems to be borken.

13. poe

poe Shopkeep Stealer

Fixed.
    Though not sure why that happened... INVESTIGATION TIME!

14. Overlord

Overlord KAG Guard Tester

Where is the screenshot section you said you added cant seem to find it.

15. poe

poe Shopkeep Stealer

I didn't add it yet. I'll probably just wait for the new site to integrate it. For now feel free to post them in the forum, I'll probably manually add all the ones posted.

16. poe

poe Shopkeep Stealer

My todo list

That's the bare minimum needed for me to launch the new website, though I'm probably forgetting a few things. It's coming along nicely, and tomorrow I'll most likely be doing the bulk of it.

If you have anything you think needs to be changed speak now or forever(not really though I can go back and change it...) hold your peace.

17. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

I agree completely. If nothing else the website needs more sandals.

EDIT: As the spammer has been deleted, this post no longer makes sense. Oh well :)

18. Snow

Snow Guest

Poe, in your todo list, do your user related stuff last. It's not hard to do them and the database crap, but just focus on the layout first and get the basic website completed, then load in all your secondary stuff.

As for sandals.. I dunno, I say a mix of sandals and kisumu (whatever the hell that is).

19. poe

poe Shopkeep Stealer

Don't worry, I'll selflessly plug sandals all over the place!
    I have the layout completed, don't worry :P

20. illu

illu En Garde! Donator Tester

Show us, show us! :D