1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Devlog Trench Run KAG Weekly Log - Hectic Month

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Dec 11, 2015.

1. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Original here: http://thd.vg/weekly-log-hectic-month

Hey everyone! Tis the season and all that, so we’ve been run off our feet with both work and personal life. Progress on Trench Run has been consistent though, and there’s a KAG build in the works as well. Sorry for the wait between posts!

General News:
    Michal spent the last two weeks not working on Trench Run all that much because another game needed his attention. He’ll be working more on Trench Run in the weeks leading up to the new year. Max is having computer troubles and spent all of today migrating to an interim machine, but has made good headway on a lot of Trench Run features in the meantime.

Trench Run News:
    After a less than inspiring turnout for the 2nd free preview, we’ve turned our eyes toward a supporter release. This release will have permanent servers and no time limit, but will require a payment to access. After that’s out the door and any (all?) issues are resolved, we’ll continue with free preview cycles.

The supporter release will be the first public release of a lobby with real content, including a bar, band, and coins to win from the games to spend. Depending on what sort of population we see, we may split each region into multiple lobbies. If the population remains modest, we’ll stick with one lobby per region to avoid splitting up players too much.

https://vine.co/v/iZaMlQXeelh - not able to be embedded on forums!

This week we got a heap of the lobby stuff working, including getting drunk (see the vine above). This will serve as a way for players to handicap themselves when playing with less skilled players, and in some cases to induce motion sickness.

King Arthur’s Gold News:
    Verra and Skinney are both working towards a new version of KAG, but as they’re part time workers and it’s the holiday season, progress has been slower than usual.

Coming next build are much-requested changes such as mines not hitting through shields for anyone not touching the mine, fixes for ladders lagging servers to hell and back in certain circumstances, coin payment fixes involving overkill, and an end to the notorious “clbutt” when using the swear filter.

Have Fun!
    Max/Geti

2. Sytoplasma

Sytoplasma Haxor

First. Had to. This was my first chance to be first!

Aside from that, I really need to buy TR soon, and I'm glad to hear progress is being made on the KAG side of things!

3. JaytleBee

JaytleBee Ballista Bolt Thrower
    1. [Server] Sandbox Reborn

10/10 #PraiseVerra

4. Vamist

Vamist THD Team THD Team Tester

Don't forget

#PraiseSkinneh

5. Achillios

Achillios Pilgrim
    1. Gather Oceania

it sounds like MM is putting time into Transmigration lately!!!

6. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Indeed he has been. It's on those guys to drop news when they feel it's appropriate though ;)

7. Achillios

Achillios Pilgrim
    1. Gather Oceania

Im keeping my eyes (and my ears) peeled :P

8. Loominati

Loominati Shipwright

Sorry to burst your bubble but Geti's post was actually the first post. Fun stuff by the looks of things!

Sytoplasma, icemusher and EhRa like this.
  9. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

I hope verra and skinney remember to fix the scoreboard :S . I know you want to implement the "less is more" or the "simpler the better" philosophy, but it doesnt apply with the players who want to know how balanced teams are or anything and must count one by one each player in the board to know it. Also, knowing the ping of a spectator player is useful too.
    I think that should be reviewed. Replaced or an option box in the settings, allowing you to view the "simple" or "full" info in the scoreboard.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
    Sytoplasma, PUNK123 and Mazey like this.
  10. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Anyone up for TR stuff?
    Getting a tad too drunk with makmoud98 and Geti at this very moment

EDIT:
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2015
  11. _Cuffs_

_Cuffs_ Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

Wow, the new lobby looks great can't wait to try out basketball. And a supporter release is just the motivation I need to play.

PUNK123 likes this.
  12. Verrazano

Verrazano Flat Chested Haggy Old Souless Witchy Witch Witch THD Team Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. Practitioners of War Extreme Revolution - POWER

talk to @makmoud98 about that, I deferred that remodeling of the scoreboard to him mostly. You can also help with it, it's all in scripting now which is why it changed. And you have the ability to make some changes and present them to mak or myself and they may be put into the game.

bru-jaz likes this.
  13. makmoud98

makmoud98 You are already DEAD Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

Ill attempt to create a mockup of a different scoreboard that has that information because i agree it is a pain in the ass to to count phow many players are on each team, and I dont like the look of the spectator area imo.

bru-jaz and Noburu like this.
  14. toothgrinderx

toothgrinderx Ballista Bolt Thrower Staff Alumni Tester Official Server Admin

Excuse me wot