1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Devlog Weekly Update – Trench Run at PGA and General KAG Dev

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Oct 24, 2015.

1. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Original: http://thd.vg/weekly-update-trench-run-at-pga-and-general-kag-dev (yeah we know the site needs a lot more love)

Hey guys, sorry for the delay between posts – it’s been a hectic couple of weeks!

Trench Run News:

These last two weeks we’ve been very busy on expo versions of TR and on getting the new art finalised. Poznan Game Arena was great fun, with the THD booth heavily featuring Trench Run. This is the first event where we’ve shown the new graphics, and we’re happy with how they were received. People kept coming back to play more, but lots of people thought we should release it on a console. Maybe in the future we will :) Butcher was also shown and lots of players had fun meating people!

The music also got stuck in everyone’s head, which is always a good sign!

[​IMG]
    PGA was a time for the polish branch of THD to touch base with friends, meet fans, host a TR tournament, wear flowers, and hit the dancefloor flying!

This week we’ll be getting back to finishing off some remaining unchanged graphics (stuff that isn’t used in skirmish) and refining the menus. We’ll get some more screenshots your way soon!

King Arthur’s Gold News:

Verra has been working on an attack/defense mod. You can see a longer video of a match here and discuss the mod here. Give it a look and get some feedback going his way!

[​IMG]
    New mode, same old chaos!

Skinney has been working more on the editor, as well as changes to trampolines. The trampoline changes allow more front-line use as they can be bounced on while carried, removes folding the trampolines, and prevents bouncing through the back of the trampoline. In particular, some of these changes will curb the effectiveness of trampoline cannons. Currently, trampoline cannons allow savvy builders to launch their team over the entire map in a way that’s very hard to counter.

Keep in mind that this is an experimental change, but we are fairly committed to changing this part of the meta-game. It’s a hard decision to make because we’re always happen when we see this kind of “KAG engineering”… However, when something like this settles as the winning dominant strategy, we feel something needs to be done.

That’s all for this week – looking forward to getting back to a normal news schedule over the next month. Stay tuned!

Max

2. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

:heart::heart::heart::heart:

edit: but what about these?

Joiken and Kububv like this.
  3. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Really want to get my hands on TR. Hopefully by the end of this year. Geti plz

EhRa likes this.
  4. Skinney

Skinney THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator Tester

[​IMG]

Asu, Geti, GreyHCK and 9 others like this.
  5. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

"meating people" i see wut u did thar.

Geti likes this.
  6. Potatobird

Man, seems like mobile trampolines might have a pretty big impact on fights... have one person carry a tramp and then a swarm of knights becomes a flying swarm of knights ready to collapse upon a foe like an overpowering wave of meat and steel. The stomp-vantage will be real, and I can't even imagine how both sides having a bouncy knight squad would pan out.

I like it.

As frontline tools, will you be changing the cost/durability of trampolines? I could see them as being more cheap and weak, that way they would more easily be broken in a scuffle rather than handed over to the enemies to use for themselves (which happens sometimes with siege crates)

Snake19 likes this.
  7. Snake19

Snake19 RIP Staff Alumni Donator
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

You just have increased significantly, the use of trampolines.
    In clan wars, it was previously very difficult to make a trampolines rush, without destroyed them.
    You just added a way to move to trampoline while continuing to use it and avoiding it gets steal by the opposing team or destroyed too easily, and I love it!

Thank you for adding this new thing to kag and continue to make updates on this game!
    This new system will add a lots of fun to kag :)

8. Metaphoenix

Metaphoenix Shark Slayer

I can only see a team of knights all carrying trampolines to create a wall of bouncing knights. Tall Walls have become obsolete!

9. BarsukEughen555

BarsukEughen555 Ballista Bolt Thrower

Lol, fuck the update about small buildings are moar important now.
    BUT TRAMPOLINE CNNONS
    PUG's will never forget this cursed update o_O

10. Vamist

Vamist THD Team THD Team Tester

we must love the trampoline update with care

all hail the mods

11. BarsukEughen555

BarsukEughen555 Ballista Bolt Thrower

World, fuck you ;-;
    The context in the spoiler is 14+ lol
    [​IMG]

12. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

(Tramp stacks might definitely enter the meta tbh, requires low ping but you can get to space pretty easily with them)

Metaphoenix and Vamist like this.
  13. Metaphoenix

Metaphoenix Shark Slayer

I'd love to have the latest build right now to test out these tramps

Snake19 likes this.
  14. Geti

we'd love to get it out but there are some issues with servers not being able to register that we'd prefer to fix ahead of release, rather than after ;)

Vamist and Metaphoenix like this.
  15. Potatobird

Kind of unrelated but what's with the light gray text on the slightly darker gray background on that THD page? I can get behind a dark theme that's easy on the eyes but it just looks weird and then that one smiley really stands out and makes you think the text color looks even weirder

16. Geti

The site is currently "fucked" imo. The style is not our work, and the smiley is part of the theme the site is using. Should all be redesigned and redone but there are only so many hours in the day for me to hammer things out :/

it really needs a "real web dev" on the job tbh

17. Maybe an off topic question, will you also release trench run on steam? Also, i wonder if trench run original price is 15$, while KAG is 9$, is it a ''worth it'' content for such price?

18. Geti

Obviously, value is extrinsic, and therefore "worth it" is entirely up to you to decide.

We are currently discussing pricing changes though, as the game's scope has changed and the market is different. There are lots of indie pixel shooters, but there aren't that many with reliable online pvp play. We'll be weighing it up. There have been such a low number of preorders that it's hard to see nothing changing.

Asu likes this.
  19. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

I can see it now. The trailer will not be about gameplay but will consist of how you can connect to servers 100% of the time. If done right I'd buy the game for that trailer. Just like those Old Spice Commercials.

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.