1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

What has been your favorite gamemode so far?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by eamono, Sep 23, 2013.

?

Favorite gamemode (so far)

1. WAR mode!

6 vote(s)
    15.0%
  2. Take The Halls!

9 vote(s)
    22.5%
  3. Capture the Flag!

22 vote(s)
    55.0%
  4. Team Death Match!

3 vote(s)
    7.5%
  1. eamono

eamono Arsonist

My favorite gamemode so far in the beta was the original WAR mode, it had its issues but was still a blast to play and encouraged building towers all around the map instead of at the hall/flag. I just wish matches didn't last 10 years.

2. sinnertie

sinnertie Ministry of Hatred Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

Definitely CTF for me. I've been waiting for that gamemode update and I love it - it's best one in my opinion.

3. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

ctf bby

NinjaCell and sinnertie like this.
  4. Lieber

Lieber Is Probing Uranus Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Definitely Capture the Flag like a lot of other players out there.

5. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Well y'know the old WAR mode was funnier than fondling your balls if you happened to have a competent team, but as having intelligent beings in your team is a rare obscurrence, I like TTH the most, since it's mainly a meatgrind where an individual moron matters very little.

Yes I am very elitist and snobby.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2013
    NinjaCell likes this.
  6. Fate

Fate Studying seashells

In the current state, I like TTH the most, CTF is currently too laggy to be enjoyed properly.

Out of modded gametypes, I liked Deathmatch/Free-For-All the most.

Hawxx likes this.
  7. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

TTH required an actual decent team 75% of the time, which didn't happens lot.

RTDM is pre good.

CTF has some feel like old, classic CTF. Smoothgameplay, lots of fun. Best game mode of all game modes #2013

Apronymous likes this.
  8. the one where i join one team and slay people on the other one

Mazey likes this.
  9. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

the one where i join the other one and trade buttrapes with ej

CrystalClear likes this.
  10. Raelian

Raelian Bison Rider

If I'd have to pick one of the above it would be the recent CTF addition, but... I would prefer a certain modded server that I wish the devs would add as an official KAG game mode: Free-for-all Deathmatch!!! :B)::thumbs_up:

11. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

TTH for true pros

12. MrError

MrError Ballista Bolt Thrower

WAR! I don`t know why MM delete this from game :C

13. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

It didn't got deleted, it got changed into TTH.

Anyway, besides the stalemates, CTF is pretty nice.

14. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

I really like CTF since it came out, when war was out I didn't like it and played TDM most of the time but TTH is surely enjoyable.

15. kedram

kedram Drill Rusher Tester

What i have surmised is this

TTH- mainly a knight,builder based game. archers did not have a massive impact on this mode accept for when an idiot built shit out of wood and the archer would then set it ablaze. builders would make good defenses and shops. as long as the builder was smart he would build around 4 military supplies shops or more determined off of the amount of players. knights would then either go on the front lines or bomb jump over towers and rek shit. eventually this method leads to taking a hall and so forth. contrary would be right in saying its for true pros.

CTF- this game mode has made it more based on teamwork than anything else. No matter how good of a knight you are you will not win the game alone and take all of the flags by your self unless if there is maybe only one and you get lucky. building is extremely important in this game mode and allows knights to get at the flag. i find that making bunkers along paths help greatly. archers are just pure annoyance as they only defend or cheese their way to a flag with their grapple hook in the begrudging and actually take it. over all much more balanced and more directed at team playing. needs work tho as we all know what im talking about.

RTDM- this mode is for knights and archers to get better at their combat classes. a full team of knights often gets rekt by a team of balanced knights and archers. basically just rape murder kill is what this is. boulders need to be nerfed because they one shot people just by flicking it at a guy.

Over all i would say TTH is the better game mode for me because one single player can impact the game so much as long as they are skilled enought. in ctf if you dont have a squad of competent knights and builders you wont stand a chance at winning shit. rtdm is fun to play occasionally. What i really want to see tho is net code to be fixed because slashes are still really fucking annoying right now with how they sometimes decide to not work at all.

16. SMASH1413

SMASH1413 Bison Rider

Well CTF was best in Classic and it just kept going good in Beta!

17. paradoxicalenigma

paradoxicalenigma Arsonist

Gunna have to go with TTH, since I totally agree with Kedram's points about it. Classic ctf in the alpha had the potential of being the most frustergating mode. Games would only end if one team got steam rolled by the other, or if a small band of committed individuals used their brains and managed to sneak around and get to it.

However, I have yet to play a considerable amount of this new CTF. SO, I am hoping that the problems previously stressed will have been minimized as I begin to play more.

18. Does Classic CTF count? ;l

19. Cirom

Cirom Bison Rider

My favourite always seems to change with every update

- Classic. Favourite mode was ClassicCTF, and I loathed ClassicTDM / ClassicRTDM with a passion.
    - ClassicWAR! released. Favourite mode becomes Zombies.
    - Beta Release: BetaTDM and BetaWAR! is out. ClassicCTF becomes favourite again.
    - Take the Halls Release: BetaTDM becomes favourite, though nobody plays it anymore.
    - BetaCTF Release: Take the Halls becomes new favourite, and thankfully there's usually one server playing it.

Guitarman likes this.
  20. Guitarman

Guitarman Haxor Tester Official Server Admin

I was never really a fan of TTH until CTF came out, now it's my favorite.

Cirom and paradoxicalenigma like this.