1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

what hobby you have?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by xChapx, May 21, 2012.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. xChapx

xChapx Ballista Bolt Thrower

i dont know what to do beside using the computer and playing videogames so tell me what hobby you have :D

2. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

I like to make origami. It's generally something fun I just like to do in my free time, or when I'm bored.

BlueLuigi and WarrFork like this.
  3. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

Generally, I doodle in a sort of cartoon format whenever I have a bit of free time, or when I am procrastinating from something vitally important. I draw from literally anything that I have lying around, because all materials are fun when mixed together.

I also have a habit of hoarding objects and then making stuff out of them. Currently, I have an Xbox 360, laptop, printer, several cameras and more just lying in my room, all broken beyond the lengths I am prepared to go to repair them, and waiting for me to make use of them.

4. SirSammy

SirSammy Shark Slayer

• Game Development(Coding in C++ and C#)
    • Sports (Basketball and Soccer)
    • Writing

5. WanderMark

WanderMark :) Donator

I take pleasure in many things. The only two, that you could call full-blown hobbies, are drawing but more importantly badminton.

I have been playing badminton for about two years now. Since I live in a small commune without a proper club to train at I have to commute to a nearby city in order to get my share of fun. I talked with people responsible with the club and they understood my implications and allowed me to train both with the juniors and the seniors.

So I go there around six pm by bus. Run to the club and start off playing with the juniors for an hour. Then the seniors come stomping in like the huge behemoths they are, shit is about to go down. For two hours I struggle to keep up at their pace, this is achieved by throwing myself after the shuttlecock.

The training usually results in that my knees and elbows are completely scraped after I've been throwing myself all around. I get home around 23:30, dead tired I eat something quick before plowing the bed with my face.

It is just such a damn amazing sport. Is is incredibly fast-paced, shuttles reach really high speeds even when amateurs play. You need to be explosive and make good use of your thighs all the time. The quick shift of weight is usually the main reason a lot of players gets injured while playing.

Man, I could go on for ages why I love the sport. There are really no better feeling when you can barley stand after a training due to exhaustion and with bloody knees and elbows. You feel so damn alive, corny I know, shush.

6. Chinizz

Chinizz Arsonist

I play music (noise, electro punk), and drink wine and beer.

7. Inexorable

Inexorable The おっぱい lovin' nipple wizard. Donator

Taekwondo, gyming, drinking, being depressed.

xChapx likes this.
  8. Beef

Beef ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ ก้้้้้้้้้้้ Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Do you actually play noise? I'm suspicious seeing as how you said "electro punk" right after. I love noise.

potatomcwhiskey likes this.
  9. copper40

copper40 Casual Misogynist

Gaming (Especially the Genesis and the N64)
    Collecting (VHS, Betamax, DVD)

10. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I mostly play video games, collect and listen to music, draw, fuck around with hobbies, and recently been trying to teach my dog stuff when she's not all tired and shit. :v (Labrador so trying to get her to do too much is something I worry about since she's prone to hip problems).
    I can't say I have any real 'hobbies' anymore, I've been meaning to start a small hydroponic garden (I know I know aquaponics is cooler, but I hate fish) and yeah.
    I really do need a new hobby. v.v;

11. Inexorable

Inexorable The おっぱい lovin' nipple wizard. Donator

The good kind of hydroponic garden, or the bad kind, or the good kind if you're a bad person?

12. BlueLuigi

I don't smoke marijuana, so the good kind. Tomatoes and shit.

13. School-Kag-Homework-Sleep-REPEAT.

xChapx likes this.
  14. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

I run roleplaying games. I'm trying to create a whole system from scratch right now and it's REALLY hard.

Beef and xChapx like this.
  15. Chinizz

Chinizz Arsonist

It is electro punk and noise in the same time, I assure you. The band structure is violin, guitar, bass with a drum machine. So what we play got an electro punk structure, because it is, and the violin improvise any noisy thing. Okay it is more like harsh noise than noise.
    F*CK my english.

16. Beef

Beef ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ ก้้้้้้้้้้้ Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Oh, jeez. I mean noise in a very specific vein I guess, and not generally "noise", as in anything that could be more accurately called jazz, or guitar pop. I assume by harsh noise you mean the demiurges of Whitehouse?

The harsh experimentalism was well and truly played out by the 80's. The "let's make it sound as weird as possible" strain too. I still enjoy the early progenitors of noise though, the first ones to say "You know what? Fuck your piddly little concepts of 'instruments' and 'structure'", like Ruth White, or Bruce Haack (both within a year of each other in the 60's). These are just my two favourite examples; there is a plethora of new music from back then, just stunning stuff. Course, going further back you get the classical instrument guys who'd be called noise artists today, going back further than I've looked. For (a later) example, Krzysztof Penderecki (1960)

Anyway, the noise I like is rhythmic noise (which itself peaked in the late 90's, really). That and classical influenced noise, like Ben Frost, or Ghedalia Tazartes (can't find the song I want on youtube).

Link us one of your songs then.

Edit; If you like electro, give this a browse. The most comprehensive electronic music based site I've ever found, along with samples from most subgenres and lovely little reviews. Dive in deep.

Double edit; Also, I enjoy lifting up heavy things, then putting them back down.

17. Jak_E

Jak_E Haxor

I make bows... Like bow and arrows. From trees. Using only a hatchet and a wood rasp. Oh and trying to find ways to play pc games on my mac. (btw if anyone knows how to get mount and blade warband on Mac easily I will be forever grateful if you pm me.)

BlueLuigi likes this.
  18. BlueLuigi

Curious, do you also practice archery?

19. Jak_E

Jak_E Haxor

Yes and I currently use a compound bow that has a adjustable draw weight between 40 and 60 pounds. I would use one of the bows I made, but I have only come close to finishing one bow (laziness) and it broke while I was testing it's flexibility.

BlueLuigi likes this.
  20. SirSammy

SirSammy Shark Slayer

Keep making the arrows. We will need them for the Zombie Apocalypse.

BlueLuigi likes this.
Mods: BlueLuigi