1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

What is KAG coded in?

Discussion in 'General Help' started by AJ, Sep 19, 2011.

1. AJ

AJ Emperor of Mankind Donator

Title is self explanatory.

2. dnmr

dnmr Ministry of ban Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

C++

3. komarEX

komarEX Bison Rider

I would like to know what library MM used for internet connections (ingame).

4. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

Trying to write some hack? What do you need that info for? He's using engine from Link-Dead, if I'm not mistaken, which was written by himself.

5. AJ

AJ Emperor of Mankind Donator

Im just trying to find a codeing language to code a small game im trying to decide on my list is java,lua,and now C++

6. komarEX

komarEX Bison Rider

You are deeply mistaken. I study IT (3. semester). I'm not into coding hacks. I was making a game with network support using HawkNL library but I wondered whether there is anything better (probably yes). If this is secret, I won't ask.

7. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

It's just like I don't have any idea about it. You should ask MM directly.

8. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

http://enet.bespin.org/ for connection and sending (essentially makes UDP behave sort of like TCP, or at least guarantees in-order delivery) and everything else networking wise coded by MM.

Irrlicht for rendering + irrKlang for sound.

Libnoise for noise functions.

That's it as far as external libs go I think.

9. komarEX

komarEX Bison Rider

That Enet is quite nice :-) Thanks.

May I ask where in KAG use of libnoise is visible?

10. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

The map generation. We're going to move to something else but we'll likely still use libnoise for noise generation for variation within tile types (for example very dark dirt to very rough dirt).

11. komarEX

komarEX Bison Rider

Oh I understand. Firsly I tought that you use libnoise to generate each tile image XD

btw. Main programmers are MM and you Geti? How many ppl is there for coding?

12. Geti

Just MM really - I'm going to do some auxilliary coding when I get time, but other than that I do the art. We're the only two people working on the game, though there are others around in the moderation team and doing things serverside. Small team = fast turnaround and more control to follow our vision.

13. komarEX

komarEX Bison Rider

I agree in this matter ;-) Less people, more control on project. (oh my Tetris in Pascal XD)