1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG What's up with the API again ?

Discussion in 'Server Help' started by Leo, Jun 9, 2015.

1. Leo

Leo Haxor

I had my eu server kicking all playes two times in a row and the same with my west coast server with the error: "WARNING: API call failed: cURL Error in putMinimapPNG(): Timeout was reached" Please check and stop playing with the API ;)

2. Chrispin

Chrispin KAG Guard Tester

I have a similar issue in Wizard Wars mod. That API call failed message is the last thing in my logs, but the server will just crash upon next-mapping randomly.

3. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Have notified the hosts, don't think anyone's touching the API but we've had some internal connectivity issues with a couple of the servers so many the database and API have to cross that. Have definitely noticed long log-in times :/

4. FunATuns

FunATuns Builder Carry Donator

Yeah I've noticed it with makmouds Factions mod. Its happened 3 times where it kicks everyone and resets the map. Sorry about the wrong thread Geti

Last edited: Jul 14, 2015
  5. heX_

heX_ Bison Rider

Yep, crashed my server too yesterday (well, it kicked everybody). Really makes it a pain in the ass to host a server given the small player pool.

Leo likes this.
  6. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

Yo, had same problem on @Diprog's Fun CTF. Very annoying. And yea, it also kicked everyone.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
  7. Leo

Leo Haxor

Still happening...

8. CapitanForceX

CapitanForceX Drill Rusher

Well, my server too.... I was playing with friends and the server kicked us. I noticed it on a lot of servers.

9. Leo

Leo Haxor

Also I have noticed that it takes quite long to authenticate and to show the server list when I refresh. There is definitely something wrong here.

10. CapitanForceX

CapitanForceX Drill Rusher

That is true. When i refresh it takes a lot of time before show to me all servers.

Snake19 and Chrispin like this.
  11. heX_

heX_ Bison Rider

Yes, and the bug seems to be getting way worse. Third time today and haven't even been playing that long, so I just ragequit. Also there seems to be much more lag, including large lagspikes. I've never had serious lag on my server before. Ping is fine for everyon but it still lags.

It actually seems like it happened on every server simultaneously the last time, because there were 0 players on 0 servers when I got back.

blackjoker77777 likes this.
  12. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

Also i've noticed some servers going hidden from the list for 2-3 minutes, but they got back. It had players when it was hidden. Weird.

13. Leo

Leo Haxor

True, happens to my servers also. Every time there is an API error server freezes.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 11, 2015, Original Post Date: Jun 11, 2015 ---
    Seems ok now, no errors today. At least until now. Let's cross fingers...