1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

What's your opinion on consoles?

Discussion in 'Other games' started by eamono, Jul 17, 2013.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. eamono

eamono Arsonist

This is not a "favorite console" thread, this is to share your opinions on different consoles, I'm interested to see what people think about it :)

PC: I love PC gaming but it isn't my favorite, everytime I try to get into PC gaming I see all the PC elitism and go back to consoles, that and PC gaming feels too competative for me.

xbox/ps3: They are basically the same thing, I personally have an xbox since I love halo but they are both amazing systems that give a really fun gaming expeirience.

Wii/Wii U: Nintendo needs to get their shit together, the wii was fun for a bit but the games were complete shit (not including mario kart and smash bros), the wii U just adds more shit to a console thats already shit.

3ds: Really fun, the 3d is gimmicky but isn't required (unlike wii motion controls), alot of amazing exclusives

PS vita: I don't know why sony keeps making portable systems, Nintendo has dominated the handheld markets since the Gameboy and now that smartphone gaming is a thing PS vita doesn't stand a chance.

Smartphone gaming: It's good for what it is, fun little .99 time-wasters. But I don't know why some companies are trying to make legit games for smartphones, dead space? Bad company 2 (without building destruction)? I see the appeal but I'm not a fan

2. -Q

-Q Donator

PC: master race

xbox/ps3: DRM shit

wii: shit

ps vita: shit

ps2: ok

3. eamono

eamono Arsonist

Can you please elaborate? I realize that these could very well be your opinion but "shit" doesn't explain why you don't like it? I would like this thread to be a more civil discussion and not just "____ IS THE BEST AND EVERYTHING ELSE IS A MASSIVE BULLSHIT SANDWHICH". we already have a PC master race thread

4. -Q

-Q Donator

There is no elaboration. I don't know the reasons behind my every preference. Anyway, it's all fucking stupid and video games rot your brain. PC is marginally better; H-games. Console-gamers are peasant trash, end of discussion. No offense to any lurking peasants.

5. eamono

eamono Arsonist

1. You contribute nothing to this discussion if you can't elaborate on something past saying it's shit

2. H-games? seriously? H-games do NOT make PC "marginally better" than consoles

3. Console gamers are not trash, I personally play more PC games but I have an xbox and it does a lot of things better than PC. you don't have to upgrade your console every year, consoles are far cheaper than PCs, a 600$ PC that you would buy anyways can play most games and it's still cheaper to buy an console + cheap PC then it is to buy a 1000$ gaming PC

Froghead48 likes this.
  6. MechaTrickster

MechaTrickster Banned Donator

I want to discuss even though this thread is pretty ded, Hatsumei you're a faggot if you stick exclusively to a PC all you're doing is starving yourself.
    Personally I think the Wii U is going to fail miserably and Nintendo will have to ride off the 3DS. The Wii U like all Nintendo consoles has a fantastic library but the marketing for it is awful. There are too many people who think its just an addon tablet controller. Also the only shit games the Wii had were the 10 dollar motion control games you get in a bargain bin.

As for Smart Phone gaming, it has so much fucking potential but no real developers. There are ports for games like GTA Vice City and Resident Evil 4 on Android. But smartphone gaming is dominated by flash developers, pay to win junk and those running games where you tap to jump at the right moment. It's disgusting how expensive and how powerful these phones are but noone is taking advantage of it, and when they do everyone flocks towards the new Angry Birds or whatever the hell casuals pay 2 dollars on.

PS3 I'm happy it has games, and it isn't the 600 dollar paperweight it used to be.

As for 3DS/Vita they will do well, they're handhelds. Handhelds always do well.

7. miniu

miniu Haxor

Pc : mostly taking mine time
    3ds : very nice ^^
    psp : i like it more than 3ds
    best ? on Poland it is called "Pegasus" - 8bit clone of Nintendo Entertainment System. It was mine first console.When i was like 6 it was dream , and someday i got it. Many hous with mario and "ducks battle"

8. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

PC
    Can't think of anything else worth mentioning, so yeh.

9. Fate

Fate Studying seashells

Unfortunately PC is not a console, it's an all-around workstation :p.

10. miniu

miniu Haxor

It is workshop :p

11. eamono

eamono Arsonist

What part of "this is not a favorite console thread" do you not understand? It's fine if you only like PC but spread that around somewhere else

12. Wonkyth

What? I didn't say anything about my favour. I'm doing exactly what you intended.
    I consider there to be PC. Aaand I'm bored now. Cake time.

13. JoshTG

JoshTG Ballista Bolt Thrower

Fuck you, just because you don't like the wii doesn't mean its shit, The wii has better sales then the xbox 360 and the ps3.
    With all the talk about not liking elitism its pretty fucking ironic that you would go and slam nintendo like that. When you said nintendo needs to get there shit together you sound so ignorant, Nintendo innovated the gaming world with the wii and did great with the DS's. If the wii isn't what you like just don't play it. Gaming is about fun and everyone likes different things so don't be so judgmental.

14. MechaTrickster

But Nintendo does need to get their shit together, there is a huge lack of third party games for the Wii and Wii U. Plus the advertising for the Wii U is awful. I love Nintendo but the Wii was practically a glorified Gamecube and there was not much innovation going on with it.

Atheon and Ej like this.
  15. eamono

eamono Arsonist

Your right, I was a bit hard on the wii. The wii did have better sales than both the ps3 and the 360. Now lets look at nintendo's financial report to see how well the Wii U sold... whats this? the wii U sold 160,000 units from april to june? To put that in perspective the 3ds sold 1,400,000 units in the same time. Don't get me wrong though, I love nintendo, Zelda wind waker and Smash Bros Brawl are 2 of my favorite games ever, but there is absolutely no denying that nintendo dropped the ball on the wii U.

16. JoshTG

Because they aren't catering for the mainstream, the reason the wii u is selling badly is because you can't play cod on it

17. MechaTrickster

The fuck are you talking about? Don't say that noone wants to play COD on a Nintendo system either, when I played BOPs on my Wii the shit was always full of people. I wrecked those aim assist fegs too.
    Call of Duty Black Ops 2 Wii U boxart.jpg

Last edited: Sep 23, 2013
  18. JoshTG

It was a joke, i meant that nintendo isn't trying to be a mainstream console

19. eamono

eamono Arsonist

Nintendo isn't trying to be the non-mainstream console, they're trying to be the happy family friendly console. But the problem is that more and more 8 year olds want to play call of duty and not enough parents are willing to shell out 300$ for a wii U

20. Wonkyth

Mods: BlueLuigi