1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Where is the config files?

Discussion in 'General Help' started by stinkytaco, Dec 18, 2011.

1. stinkytaco

stinkytaco Shipwright

Hello, I am a server admin for the Ace of Spade servers Fortress 1 and 2, (currently offline). I am thinking of doing a couple of KOG servers, one in miami, and the other in dallas.

I am having a little trouble with my gaming system though.

Looking to improve my graphics performance, but the config file is not in the usual places people hide them.

Any clues to where I can start looking? Is it registry keys we must change?

I cant understand why so many OS developers are into hiding things on computers now a days. Why not have one place to put config files like in linux? (Well, generally, they still get people that insist on scattering files across the entire hard disk.)

I don't see why people do not just keep the config files by the binary files. When i am tweaking something, that folder is naturally the first place I look. Second is in my Home folder for the user, then the global home folders, then in the local and roaming folders.

anyway %home% and %local% and %roaming% folders are all checked.

Anyone have a clue to where else I might start looking?

Thanks in advanced for any help, or information that might lead me to find this elusive file.
    From what little I have played , I have a feeling this might be a full time game on my servers.

2. trelawney

trelawney KAG Guard Tester

Did you check the wiki ( http://kagwiki.com ) or use the search function before posting this?
    All configuration files are located in /Base/Scripts (linux) or c:\KAG\Base\Scripts (windows & default location). They're also plain textfiles and relatively commented, so you will have no problem understanding which is which.

3. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

You are being a bit unclear. Are you talking about KAG configs? If so, they can be found from
    KAG>Base>Rules

and

KAG>Base>Scripts.

Edit: Damn you trewl, ninja'd me :(

4. stinkytaco

stinkytaco Shipwright

Oh cool there is a Wiki! Thanks so much for the link+help this should be very helpful.