1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Why do smaller servers seem to play better?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sponncx, Dec 8, 2013.

1. Sponncx

Sponncx Builder Stabber

In CTF at least, I have played small and large servers, and it seems to me that small servers, with around 16 people play better, with less stalemates, and quick rushes.

I just can't seem to find out why, maybe it's just chance.

Might be because of all the extra players on a team after the first 8 are just too much to fight, and unless you have a solid supply line (close tunnels) you cant really beat the 12 people in their base with your attackers.

2. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Pretty much what Drafiks said, although if I had to add anything I'd point out that smaller servers are also less prone to suffering from CPU-overload induced lag.

3. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Yeah most pub servers are like "Okay we have three knights, that means the rest of us can safely minecraft as builder" so when there's only 5 people on a team, that's 3 knights and two builders, but on a server with 12 people per team that's about 8 builders and 4 knights. It just keeps scaling and then you get these horrible builders that just make walls into the sky and oh god it just becomes unbearable.

In matches like those, I am thankful for tunnelers.

4. SeanAS

SeanAS Meth Addict Donator
    1. Zen - [Zen] - (Invite Only)

It is easier to coordinate with smaller teams because there is only a couple of people you have to talk to.

5. potato14

potato14 Shopkeep Stealer

it has less grefers

Invaders and SeanAS like this.
  6. SeanAS

Never even thought about this. Good point.

7. sheek

sheek Horde Gibber

Usually when there is a server with 32+ people, one team ends up getting to the others main castle after hours of work, and then from there there is just to much death and explosions for anything else to actually happen(ಥ﹏ಥ)

8. SeanAS

When there is more than like 16 people my computer shits. So I stay on the smaller servers that max at like 16 players.

9. vik

vik THD Team THD Team Tester

Less general lag/low fps, it's more about strategy and good plays not just hacking and hammering.

10. darbyjack

darbyjack Catapult Fodder

Funny you say that, I find rushes a bit dull. Long epic battles with many players is what drew me into this game.

Like when I play RTS games, no one likes rushers, it's fun to spend a long time building up a base and doing all sorts of sneaky things.

bunnie, FuzzyBlueBaron and Beef like this.