1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Why don't people do this?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by poe, Jul 11, 2011.

1. poe

poe Shopkeep Stealer

I think if we stratagized like the Romans a bit more, we may be able to have a stronger team. This game is great for teamwork but people seem to just go off on death runs :(

[​IMG]

2. Overlord

Overlord KAG Guard Tester

"UNITS, FORM TESTUDO!"

"AYE!"

I'd love to see that happen.

3. Vania

Vania Guest

Cause that takes discipline and training.

You'll never see teamwork like that outside of clan matches in any game.

4. saniblues

saniblues KAG Guard Tester

Well, imagine you're watching Voltron: Defender of the Universe and rather than assemble, they fly off in 5 different directions rather than assemble. I think they had an episode like that, they were getting beaten pretty badly if I'm not mistaken.

Where was I going with that? Oh yeah, they need to learn to work together or something.

5. poe

poe Shopkeep Stealer

Oh god Sani that was a great post :)
    Yes I think I'll start yelling at people ingame to do this now >:) of course in team chat so we have the upper hand!

6. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

Typing in the middle of combat is too hard, especially when you're the knight with the shield up. :(

7. saniblues

saniblues KAG Guard Tester

type with onw hand likre ,me

8. HODOR

HODOR Guest

if that ain't a tunnel the right archer just jumps and pwns the other archer :P

9. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

peopl r dum

10. FinDude

FinDude KAG Guard Tester

Poe, you seem to be under the impression that the average pub player qualifies as "sentient".

Spoiler: This is not the case.

11. poe

poe Shopkeep Stealer

Good point :/
    Maybe we need a bubble emotion with a shield, then we can point at them with the shield!

12. Overlord

Overlord KAG Guard Tester

Thats why I've been saying add command emotes, improve team quality :)

13. luizbr507

luizbr507 Guest

i normaly do that with my friend while we skype

14. HA1TER

HA1TER Shopkeep Stealer

Not gona happen...Only game that a teamwork was close to..well,teamwork,was Arma...And it was hard even whit voice chat...If i was a team leader,i would make a training server and give every man a mission...Some guys just suck at building,and some in killing.So,when you see who is who,start whit training.
    Use teamspeak or something,and show them when and how to do something!
    Start is most important!Everyone start to rush and build.WRONG
    2 or 3 guys build,others bring material!Tried that whit some friends and we got a castle that was so hard to take down,even for griefers!
    Have couple of plans,so when you say,i don`t know,"drop it!" 2 archers go on top of castle,3 knights stand in front but 1 block apart so that enemy will fall between and get killed,and 1 or 2 builders colapse everything under castle and make a hole...etc.
    Wow,this cant be writen in one post lol.

15. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Command emoticons are on the list of things to do fwiw.

16. MM

MM THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

I was played like this with someone.

More emoticons might help.

17. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

Can you make an emoticon of "the finger"? and make it able to be shown after death?

18. Eggnogg

Eggnogg Guest

Personally, I would love to see this happen:
    [​IMG]

19. AsianSwagger

AsianSwagger Guest

Although highly unlikely unless organized by a clan or otherwise, that looks pretty awesome (and intimidating) to see. Any opponents passing by will go :O

20. +1.

We could start calling it the ultra phalanx formation, so everyone gets to know it : D.