1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG Why won't my map load

Discussion in 'Help' started by FoxyLady, Sep 1, 2014.

Mods: makmoud98, Mazey
  1. FoxyLady

FoxyLady Haxor Staff Alumni

I don't know what it is but every time i make a map as of late and try to load it from the console, It loads a damn black void and I keep falling repetitively to my death. Is there a certain height and width that kills the map or something cause this is putting me off from making maps. I usually put bedrock at the bottom with mostly all dirtblock and thick stone block on top and grass and trees on the very top. I've been using paint.net and saving it as 24bit .png
    as well. Same thing has been happening when i use the open source map editor as well.
    revy_agitated.gif

Jack-Nicholson.gif

Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
    bout likes this.
  2. RadioActive

RadioActive Guest

It may happen when mossy stone is mixed with normal stone blocks. Don't place them together underground.

3. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

Never had this problem on a giant map I was working on, and there was a ton of ruins having this :o

And no, there is no width/height limit (Virtually).

Is there any error showing up?

4. RadioActive

RadioActive Guest

Yeah, it happened to me twice. Just don't place much stone blocks and mossy stone underground and on the edge of dirt and sky like this:
    e7ra.png
    I tried to explain it here.
    I'm working on a huge map (1000x450) and there's no any problems so far. KAG just need more time to load it.

5. kaizokuroof

kaizokuroof Agkubuk|'Kaizokuroof' Cilobakil, Roofpointy Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

Check that whatever you're using to make the maps, is saving them in png, 24 bit. I had a small problem where my image editing client was saving all the values off by 1 or two in the ARGB and it was causing my map to flip out and only load a few blocks + a huge void.

Mods: makmoud98, Mazey