1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Wierd kicking...

Discussion in 'General Help' started by Zanman777, Jul 1, 2013.

1. Zanman777

Zanman777 Shopkeep Stealer

I got kicked by players on two servers in a row, and I had done nothing. Really. In the first one (Zombies in Germany) I got teamkilled by some dondeeestas, or whatever... I didn't even votekick him because I hadn't been in the server for 3 mins yet. People tried to votekick him - 5 votes were needed; then some random guys votekicked me - only 2 votes were needed!!! This isn't the first nor the second time it happens - I always need less votes to be kicked... I am red-flagged or something??

On the second server I joined and two players votekicked me so fast I didn't even have time to write "Hey!"... and I mean literally...

Not sure what's going on... At least I'd like to know why I need less votes do be kicked than everybody else...

2. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

The number of votes needed to kick a player is based on how long you've been on that server. For a few minutes after you first join, it only takes 2 votes. A person who needs 5 votes has been on the server for some considerable time already.

A lot of times, vote-kicking gets abused on Zombie Fortress servers. Many people only wish to play with their own friends or clanmates, and will kick anyone else as soon as he joins. Unfortunately, there's not much that can be done about this, except (possibly) reporting to a guard.

Chumind likes this.
  3. Zanman777

Zanman777 Shopkeep Stealer

Oh!!! I see! That makes sense now. :) Thanks

4. Force

Force Shark Slayer

Unless they made a private server and are admin, then the admin could quickly kick any 'unwanted intruders'.

5. link6155

link6155 Haxor Staff Alumni Tester Official Server Admin
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Well, I find it silly that people are getting kick because you want to hang out with your buds. If you want to play privately with someone, you should make your own server and host it over Hamachi or Evolve. Besides, if you're playing on someone else's server, you really don't have the right to decide who stays and leaves (unless they're griefing).

If this happens to anyone, I suggest going on the IRC and reporting it to a Guard so they can handle the situation.