1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Wiki -

Discussion in 'Forum, wiki and other THD pages' started by inactive_account, Jan 20, 2013.

Mods: dnmr, Kazaco97
  1. -

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2023
    Apronymous, zollie20 and Arcite like this.
  2. Lord_bugg

Lord_bugg Smashing Donator

I think this is a good idea.
    • it would promote the wiki and get people interested in adding to it.
    • It would give people who have made additions to the wiki some recognition.
    However there are some drawbacks. The big one is obviously that people may make spammy and useless additions to the wiki in the hope of getting the special hat.
    Overall i think it is good and would give people the recognition they deserve.

3. There's a wiki? Since when o.o

Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
    Piano and I3lue like this.
  4. Lord_bugg

Lord_bugg Smashing Donator

Its quite out of date and very few people are contributing to it. However there are still some usefull articles and some parts are worth a read.

5. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

I can easily make forum ribbon for that. As to the hats - I like the idea and I'll talk about it with other team members.

EDIT: I'm not promising anything.

Piano, Apronymous, Varion and 5 others like this.
  6. lavalord

lavalord Haxor Staff Alumni Donator Tester

Great Idea we need MOAR HATS AND RIBONZ!

Piano, Apronymous, ewox250 and 2 others like this.
  7. Semproser19

Semproser19 Shopkeep Stealer

I just made a load, and can't think of a decent place to put em, so if they might be put to use here, might as well :)

Attached Files:

Retrofit likes this.
  8. Lieber

Lieber Is Probing Uranus Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I like that idea. The heads might become a little less unique at some point though, especially if they work like the Dev heads, where you can't change it.

9. zollie20

zollie20 Haxor

Definitely seems like a good way to attract more attention to the wiki.

Apronymous likes this.
  10. Apronymous

Apronymous Bison Rider

Incidentally, is the wiki just not getting KAB content yet? Or have people just not added it yet?

11. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

We're waiting for FLAB to move all the old wiki under another link. Then we'll start creating new wiki for Beta basing on the copy of classic.

Apronymous likes this.
  12. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

Bumping this. I feel as though that the reason to help should be to help to community. But after reading through this thread, primarily the point about other seeing the hat in game and asking how they can get it would raise more recruits to help with the wiki.

I think it would be a good idea, but problems could arise from unskilled players trying to contribute just to get a hat.

13. AcidSeth

AcidSeth Arsonist

I'd love that

14. Nivlac_13

Nivlac_13 Shopkeep Stealer

Any brainstormed ideas for the requirement to get the hat(s)? It'd probably have to be on a person by person basis because of how varying contributions can be.

Guitarman likes this.
  15. Guitarman

Guitarman Haxor Tester Official Server Admin

It could be set up so you get hats depending on the amount of work you have done, i.e. writing x amount or editing x amount.

16. It would be awesome if there could be some kind of way to evaluate wiki contributors or to at least filter the crap automatically so that (like @Duplolas said) people wouldn't write shit just to get a hat.

17. Nivlac_13

But it couldn't be an automatic thing or people would add x amount of filler text to a random page

Guitarman likes this.
  18. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

If people write shit, I will block them from the wiki. :flex:

ofc, I won't be around all the time...

19. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

Well the way the TF2 wiki does it is those who just have contributed enough that they can easily see without having to tell anyone how much they have done, get the hat

Though for the KAG wiki I would propose people applying for it. List the things they have updated, added, etc. Making sure to create a rules for application thread, listing that if anyone inputs spam, they will be banned from the wiki and posssibly the forums. Up to you guys, just a thought.

20. Nivlac_13

Sounds good to me. Next topic. How much content should be required? Too little and everyone has the hat too much and nobody does. Something like two good pages of content?

Mods: dnmr, Kazaco97