1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Wiki updates?

Discussion in 'Forum, wiki and other THD pages' started by JacKD, Nov 1, 2011.

Mods: dnmr, Kazaco97
  1. JacKD

JacKD Ballista Bolt Thrower

Hi everyone, i just wanted to know when was the last time someone updated the wiki to the most current version of the game.

If no one can remember, maybe we should try to get it up to date (we could even take info from the "booklet" SirSalami made).

Well, that's it tell me what you think...

2. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

Just register account at wiki and start contributing.

3. JacKD

Hi, i already have an account and used to contribute... I made the spanish translation and added some of the info on the english wiki...

The reason for my question is to avoid having to review every single page (if possible) to know what is missing... but if no one knows, then I'll go ahead and start doing it.

Maybe we should keep a wiki page or a thread here on the forum to keep track of the changes made so that we know what's missing and what not.

And of course if someone wants to help we could split the work :)

4. illu

illu En Garde! Donator Tester

Actually you have to check out very page since there were so many changes the last builds that most probably they are not up2date. It would be awesome if you start contributing. I stopped updating it some weeks ago because there was too much to do (and me being too busy with RL).

I was thinking of adding a small note to every page so that everyone knows if they are reading up-to-date or old content.
    Something like "Up-to-date with build xxx" or "In line with build xxx" [is this right English?] for updated pages. And "Not up-to-date" for older pages (where we don't know the build number).

5. JacKD

Ok, so I'll get on it and leave a note in the discussion page like you said... ATM I dont have anything to do, so I have a lot of free time to work on it xD

6. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

Maybe just leave comments like that in Talk: page?

7. JacKD

That's the same thing, look at the name on the tab.

8. illu

We are adding a template atm (Hapistorique and me). So pls do not clutter the Talk-pages with comments. Wait until Hap finished doing his magic.

9. Noc

Noc Bison Rider

Ill be happy to help when that's done.

10. illu

Ok then. I've added the template to all the pages which I think will probably get updated with upcoming builds. You can see a box at the top right of those pages saying "This page is not up-to-date.".

So that's the way to go:
    • Check out these pages which are not up-to-date.
    • Improve and update them. Many things are obvious but also keep in mind that you can check out the version history to find out if something is missing.
    • Before you save the page you are editing make sure you've updated the template. At the very top of the page simply replace the term "old" with the current build number. So atm replace it with "190".
    • The box at the top right automatically gets updated and now says "This page is in line with the latest build 190".
    Now, gogogo and update our wiki! :)

Static, Noc and JacKD like this.
  11. Static

Static Shopkeep Stealer

Hey illu,

I noticed you said the server page isn't up to date?

What do you think needs changing?

I know i have put a little bit of info on there to make it easy.

12. illu

Well...read my comment first. I just don't see any point having a (not up2date, non-interactive, ...) server list on the wiki.

13. JacKD

I think static refers to the Help->Server page rathern than to More Information->Server List (which I think its useless too)

On other topic, Drok suggested that we remove some one-liner pages on the wiki (e.g.: http://kagwiki.com/wiki/Sacks http://kagwiki.com/wiki/Shield) given that the relevant information is already on other pages (Gameplay, Knight) I tend to agree. What do you think?

Oh and i read an old comment you made about the info on the Gameplay page. We really should look to remove the Knights, Archer and Builder information and leave just some 1-2 lines intro and then a link. Opinions?

14. Wyeth

Wyeth KAG Guard Donator Tester

Oh hey dnmr` also work on it quite a bit, we changed the wikitable shiney to be more fitting with your main page style (check it out its cool), also added a navi bar in the same style on the bottom of several pages, we try to update all the pages aswell and add navi bars to the according ones.

illu and JacKD like this.
  15. dnmr

dnmr Ministry of ban Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

yup, we actually got something done. But the wiki needs much more input, there is no way we can update all the outdated pages and add the missing stuff alone D: Need more knowledgeable people plzkthx

16. Wyeth

Wyeth KAG Guard Donator Tester

Maybe we can meet up in http://irc.lc/quakenet/kag.wiki/irctc@@@
    and work together on ideas IN REALTIME? I will just idle in that channel whenever I am available, come join me and we can idle together!

Also if you have trouble getting to grips with Wiki editing it might help you to talk to some other people who can't get to grips with it either!

Mods: dnmr, Kazaco97