1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Wiki

Discussion in 'Forum, wiki and other THD pages' started by Tsuki, Jun 2, 2011.

Mods: dnmr, Kazaco97
  1. Tsuki

Tsuki Guest

Hey when I try to register or to edit de page on the wiki it just redirect me to a blank page, am I the only one to have this problem?
    EDIT: Any link on the wiki redirect me to a blank page...
    EDIT2: Bad timing the wiki seems to be down...

2. citricsquid

citricsquid Shark Slayer

Fixed! Sorry about that.

3. pchel48

pchel48 Guest

4. Tsuki

Tsuki Guest

Me too, I registered without Email.

5. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

I'd like to make few new pages in wiki - can someone guide me? I need only basic principals of editing wiki, rest I'll figure out myself.
    Tell me everything I need to know to start work. :)

6. poe

poe Shopkeep Stealer

7. Furai

So as I got it - to make new page just type a link you want in browser and start editing it? Do I have to register (already did it)?
    Anything _important_ that I have to know right now before doing stuff?

8. poe

poe Shopkeep Stealer

Yeah that's about it to make a new page. To link to the page add [[As]] into a paragraph on another page.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:Editing
    Read up on that if you need some more help. I don't know if you need to register but if you are registered it keeps track of your contributions :)

9. Furai

So after reading about editting wiki pages (thanks for the link, poe) I've done few commits.
    I think that once I'll finish translation I'll rather stick to the English part to make it with others perfect source of information. :)

10. ArtCrusader

ArtCrusader Guest

I am starting to translate pages from English to German, but I have found it quite annoying that both the English and the German language use the same word for gold. Due to that you are sent to an English wiki page by clicking on "gold" in a German article. I don't know whether I can avoid this, so please enlighten me if you can :)

11. poe

poe Shopkeep Stealer

Maybe just make the page "gold(german)"?

12. Furai

Make it like I did it.
    Code:
    [[gold/de|gold]]
    It will show the word gold but redirect to the page gold/de. Every single page from wiki can be translated to polish by just adding /pl to end of link (maybe not now but I continuously translate things). And this is the link format pchel48 asked for.

13. Furai

Ah, I forgot to mention - now I'm admin of kagwiki. I check on a daily basis if there are some unwanted spam bots posting and blocking them. Feel free to report anything suspicious.

14. Roast Veg

Roast Veg Guest

Oh thank goodness.

15. illu

illu En Garde! Donator Tester

@Furai: Does this empower/allow you to consider adding the extension I mentioned in this thread?

16. Furai

It requires modification to wiki files, right? If yes, then I can't do it - my evaluated rights allow me only to block people and stuff. I don't have access to citricsquid's server. But if you want I can let him know about it. Also please put in one topic what you'd like to see there - it will be easier to tell what we need.

I heard something about captcha registration... repost/relink to the suggestions in this thread (about wiki ofc).

17. illu

18. Furai

Ok, so now I found something to protect our pages from spam. I'm going to protect them - only registered users will be allowed to edit pages.

EDIT: I thought I could do it recursively but this option is available only when you protect page so only admins can edit/move it.
    So I protected main_page and its discussion page. I wonder what spam-bots will do. ;p

19. illu

Spam another page? D:

20. Furai

I hope not. Anyway, since I protected the main page there was no single spam bot.

Mods: dnmr, Kazaco97